• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Import Bugs - Batch import failure and duplicate filename confusion
Hi Poparad,

This is mainly because of a shift in how I manage files in MS Pro. In the original MobileSheets, I ensured that file conflicts would not occur by renaming every imported file to contain a database ID in the file path. A lot of users did not like this though, so I removed it in MobileSheetsPro. As part of the migration to MS Pro, I try to clean up the old file names by removing the database ID. The program is supposed to recognize when a conflict will occur, and keep the original name in that case, but based upon your description, that did not occur. We have a couple ways we can handle this:

1) You can upload a database backup for me to use in testing to ensure that no files are overwritten as you described.

or

2) You can clear your library, then go to Settings->Storage and check "Add Unique Id to Filenames". Now restore your original library and the files will not be renamed.

As far as the batch import, there is a bug right now where if "Auto-crop" is enabled, the batch import will fail on PDFs. I have a fix in place for the next update, but I've been held up on trying to get a new PDF rendering library integrated. For now, you can just disable the automatic cropping on the batch import to get around this. As you mentioned, the files are successfully copied to the storage, but the automatic cropping feature causes it to error out before it's added to the library database. This bug was just introduced in the last update.

Sorry for the hassles.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Import Bugs - Batch import failure and duplicate filename confusion - by Zubersoft - 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM