• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import of capella files
Dear Harper,

my main interest lies in capella files since this is the format I'm mainly working with. Of course it would be a valid idea to enhance the import feature to other formats of music notation. This could either be the import of the native file format or an automatic conversion during import to a format which is already supported like PDF.

The ideal product would be platform independent (OS and file formats) and provide features for the complete life cycle of sheet music like creating, editing, playing, organizing, displaying, sharing, archiving ... Maybe split into different sub products to buy seperately depending on the needs of the individual user.

Coming back from dreaming of an ideal world, the concept of transposing has been already realized MSP for text files. There exists a feature to automatically transpose chord symbols.
Surely it's much easier to change chord symbols by an algorithm compared to changing real sheet music files, however the general idea of transposing is not new for the application. Transposing doesn't mean to create a music notation app. It doensn't give the user the oppurtunity to manually edit the notes. It's an enhanced form of display. You are taking the notes and you are shifting the up or down by a number of predefined steps. Prerequisit for that is a defined music notation format. But if the app could understand and import such a format, it wouldn't be impossible to provide a feature to change the display up or down.

I hope this exlains my thoughts a bit better.

Nachthorn

Messages In This Thread
Import of capella files - by Nachthorn - 07-10-2015, 02:30 AM
RE: Import of capella files - by Harper - 07-10-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: Import of capella files - by Nachthorn - 07-10-2015, 04:49 AM
RE: Import of capella files - by Zubersoft - 07-10-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Import of capella files - by bumblebee - 07-10-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Import of capella files - by Nachthorn - 07-10-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Import of capella files - by Zubersoft - 07-11-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: Import of capella files - by bumblebee - 07-11-2015, 07:56 AM
RE: Import of capella files - by itsme - 07-13-2015, 07:54 PM