• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide Genres that have no songs associated
Hi,

Currently MobileSheets seems to display all pre-defined Genres even if no songs have been registered against most of them. I only use a handful of genres and it would be nice if only the Genres that I have songs tagged against would show up in the Genres pane to avoid a few extra gestures to get to the ones I use. Thanks!

Juddory
In the Genres Tab, long press an unused genre, then press the delete option (top, right of screen) to remove it
I left all of the default genres so that people wouldn't have to manually create them all. I figured it takes a lot less time to go through and delete the ones you don't want than to have to create them all. If you want to wipe them clean, you can long press one, then tap the select all button in the toolbar, then hit delete in the action bar.

Mike
And if you did only display genres that were assigned to a song. How would you pick a genre the first time you wanted to assign it to a song?
(07-13-2015, 10:24 PM)AndyL Wrote: And if you did only display genres that were assigned to a song. How would you pick a genre the first time you wanted to assign it to a song?

Yes, must agree. I've found it would be handy to have an option to hide empty genres, although they may become populated later, especially when I have the font size quite high and some of the categories go off the page.
The easiest way to do this is just select some filters that will match on every song (select Rating and then tap Select All). This will filter out empty genres, but leave genres with songs in them.

Mike