• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create PDF-file from setlist
If you want to have multiple PDFs in one song, you can do this by just adding multiple files in the song editor, but there isn't currently something available that merges songs together. This would be just adding the PDFs to the file list of the song though - it would not be combining the PDFs into one giant PDF. This could certainly be done, and if I add a merge song dialog, I could add an option to combine everything into a single PDF.

As a side note, why did you generate one page per PDF? This is pretty inefficient if you have one song spread over many PDF documents. If each single page PDF is a separate song, and you want to join them together, you can use a setlist for this purpose.

The feature I'm working on finishing right now is required for writing annotations into the underlying PDF. Normally, annotations are stored as an extra layer in MobileSheetsPro, and the file is not modified. I'm going to add an option to write the annotations into the PDF itself, and remove them from the MS Pro layer. This same feature is required for printing, as I have to generate one giant PDF with annotations intact in order to use Google's print framework. It's been a pretty big job so far having to convert the annotations over, but I'm almost done (just finishing some changes for stamps and text annotations).

Mike
Possible reasons why one page per PDF: camera app to PDF (not providing merging), photocopier with the wrong setting, having to separate a large PDF which saves each page individually, scans from jpgs converted to PDFs...
(not that I know why in this case, but it happens)

Smile
(07-06-2015, 09:12 AM)openembracetable Wrote: ... but all of our music is scanned single PDF sheets that need to be merged into songs. ...
I also use single pdf-files (or mostly png-Files converted from pdf).
I usually prepare them on the PC by giving them song names followed by the page number:
Songname_1, Songname_2, Songname_3

Using the batch import to MSP, the song name is automatically generated without the"_x" and all pages are packed together in the correct order. So I don't need to merge pdf-files.

HtH

---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Unfortunately that is how my scanner software works. I can't have multiple pages in one PDF file

Sent from my DMTAB-NV20A using Tapatalk
(07-08-2015, 07:13 AM)openembracetable Wrote: Unfortunately that is how my scanner software works. I can't have multiple pages in one PDF file

Sent from my DMTAB-NV20A using Tapatalk

There are free tools for merging/splitting PDFs, such as pdftk. Smile
Please stay concentrated on the essential features musicians need in MSP, do not overwhelm it with additional special request caused by workflows that can be easily done outside MSP. We should not expect a full featured PDF or graphics editor!
Another nice tool to manipulate PDFs (especially for splitting, merging and sorting pages) I can recommend is "PDF split and merge" http://www.pdfsam.org/
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Yes, with one small addition: If you're at a gig or rehearsal, and you get some documents, you should be able to make the basic arrangements with the tools you heve with you. Having sophisticated tools on the PC doesn't work when you only have your tablet.
I don't know whether there are PDFsam or PDFtk equivalents for Android.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(07-08-2015, 09:09 PM)sciurius Wrote: Yes, with one small addition: If you're at a gig or rehearsal, and you get some documents, you should be able to make the basic arrangements with the tools you heve with you. Having sophisticated tools on the PC doesn't work when you only have your tablet.
I don't know whether there are PDFsam or PDFtk equivalents for Android.

A quick search on Google suggests that there are similar Android apps available:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...e&hl=en_GB

The original question was about scanner software producing multiple PDFs, for which pdftk would be ideal to merge into one.
(07-09-2015, 04:15 PM)alex_hk90 Wrote: The original question was about scanner software producing multiple PDFs, for which pdftk would be ideal to merge into one.
I don't need a multiple PDF collection created from MSP.
It would be enough to get a setlist or collection printed including annotations.
This could for example be a list of single PDFs copied into a selectable folder.
Sure, one multiple PDF for each setlist or collection would be more comfortable, but I have no problem to do that with other apps or programs on the tablet or PC later.

Actually I can't get songs printed including annotations other than taking screenshots.
It's been a battle, but I now have code in place to convert MobileSheets annotations to PDF annotations. I tested every single annotation with every possible setting, and it all works correctly. There is a small bug with the PDF library that I've submitted to RadaeePDF that deals with transparent annotations - they render as if they are on a black background instead of the background of the page, so hopefully that will be fixed soon. I'm in the process of finishing up the printing code now which takes the generated PDF file (with annotations intact) and uses the new printing support Google added in ICS. Older tablets will default to using Google cloud for printing, which doesn't have some the nice options in the ICS printing model (like being able to pick page ranges to print, color vs grayscale, landscape versus portrait, etc). Once that is complete, I'm going to work on finalizing a few of the other new features. I haven't decided for certain if Google Drive support is going to make it in this next update...

Mike
Great! Wink

(07-10-2015, 07:11 PM)Zuberman Wrote: ... Older tablets will default to using Google cloud for printing ...

What is an "older" tablet, mine?
I hope, I can copy the created pdf-file from trhe tablet to the PC and print it from there?
According to wikipedia, 'Android 4.0.1 (Ice Cream Sandwich), based on Linux kernel 3.0.1,[79] was publicly released on October 19, 2011.', If that helps.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I was wrong in what I said. Anything below 4.4 has to use the old approach to printing (which is really just an embedded web page in the app that utilizes the Google Cloud printing). You can check your tablet's version in the tablet settings.
I am curious if your current work would allow you to import PDF file and treat the bookmarks as individual songs.
That is  the content beginning at a bookmark up to the next bookmark would be treated as a song.
In this way, a single PDF file could contain a packet of songs.

Thanks
(08-09-2015, 01:17 AM)pspeth Wrote: I am curious if your current work would allow you to import PDF file and treat the bookmarks as individual songs.
That is  the content beginning at a bookmark up to the next bookmark would be treated as a song.
In this way, a single PDF file could contain a packet of songs.

Thanks

My PDFs don't contain bookmarks. I create the first song from a fakebook by e.g. "import local file". Following songs are copies within MSP as described earlier in this thread with edited title, keys and page order fields. If there is more than one song on a PDF page I use the same page more than once and apply MSPs excellent "Crop" feature to separate the parts.
I usually have an Excel sheet with the table of contents for every PDF. All the Excel sheets are imported into a database that allows searching for a certain song in all my fakebooks.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de