• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can collections filters persist into editing setlists
I'm not sure if this is a request, bug or what, but here's the situation + request:

When I have a collection filter enabled, and then go to edit or create a new setlist, MSP displays all the songs in the library.  In other words, the collection filter is not applied to the songs from the library which are displayed in the edit or new setlist selection screen.  I would like to see if that filter CAN be carried over into the songs displayed in the edit screen.

Why- I use the MSP library for several different collections or musical environments.  For example, I play trombone in a dixieland band, and then separately, play mandolin in Irish traditional music sessions.  In both cases setlists are often "called" or announced on-the-fly.  It would be great if the collection filter could carry over / persist into setlist editing.  I realize that I can select the filters again once I'm in the setlist edit screen, but that's often a problematic delay at the speed at which people are moving around me; and it seems to be an unnecessarily repetitive step.

Right now, I'm using a 2nd tablet to keep these collections apart.  I'm also considering keeping backup file's of the jazz database and the Irish database in the tablet's storage, and using Restore to have MSP look at the one that I'm doing that night.  But it would be great if there was a way to do this all in one database.

As always, I will say again that MSP is certainly among the most valuable tech tools I have.
Thanks for considering.

Messages In This Thread
can collections filters persist into editing setlists - by chrisss - 07-17-2015, 04:45 AM