• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can collections filters persist into editing setlists
Graeme, thanks for the pointer, I wasn't aware of that "create setlist" feature.
Having tried it tho, it is different and doesn't address the situation or difficulty I'm trying to get at. Here's a specific description of what I'm trying to do:
1. I'd like to merger MobileSheets databases with ~500 jazz songs for trombone, ~200 praise songs for church (trombone, mandolin, voice), ~500 Irish folk tunes, ~200 Christmas songs.
2. In an Irish folk music session, somebody will say, "let's play Merry Blacksmith, Maid Behind the Bar, Silver Spear." They take a minute to remind themselves of these tunes that they've memorized + that I have not. During that minute, I want to be able to create a setlist with those 3 tunes in it. When we play, we run the tunes together with no break between them.

The "create setlist from collection" feature makes a setlist out of everything that's in the collection, which doesn't address this situation.
My thought is that if the collection filter carries over / forward to filter the songs displayed when creating and editing a setlist, that this will speed things up to where it will work to merge the Irish and Jazz databases into one.

Thanks for the help + thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: can collections filters persist into editing setlists - by chrisss - 07-20-2015, 09:49 PM