• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlists/Collections
Can someone explain in simple terms the difference between a setlist and a collection.I have created both successfully but they both appear to do the same thing.

Regards

Tony
(08-25-2015, 02:59 AM)Tony Lawton Wrote: Can someone explain in simple terms the difference between a setlist and a collection.I have created both successfully but they both appear to do the same thing.

I use collections to hold all the songs for a given grouping (band and/or genre). setlists are smaller lists that have the actual songs for a given event. The usefulness for me comes when building a set for an event. Instead of picking thru all the songs in the db I can narrow the list down to just the songs that band does and speeds up the process.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
I agree with DTownSMR.  I have a couple thousand songs in my database.  It is my entire music library.  I've then set up different collections of the tunes used in each of the groups I play with.  For example, I have a collection for Ensemble work, a collection for my Harp Circle tunes, a collection of Solos, a collection for my "Favorites", etc.  It's much faster than looking through 2 thousand tunes!

Then I set up Set Lists for specific gigs.  Set lists to me generally have only a few songs in them and (for me) are usually short-lived as the list of tunes I play in performance usually change from gig to gig.
Also, you can set the order of the songs in a setlist, to match your performance order. You can't do that with a collection.
Thank you for your replies