• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 1.1.9 and companion app 2.0.6 testing
I have a version 1.1.9 of MobileSheetsPro ready for testing as well as version 2.0.6 of the companion app. I have a couple people that have offered to help test the new version, but I wanted to see if anyone else was interested. Please PM me (with an email address) or send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com if you are. I'm going to wait until next weekend to gather any bug reports before releasing it to the public.  I'm hoping to use this thread as place to gather any reports of issues (of which I hope there aren't many). As a side note, I can no longer release a separate beta version for testing as the licensing with the new PDF library won't allow this (without spending a lot of money for an additional license), so that means that anyone who wants to test the new version will have to replace their current version.

Here are the list of changes:

Tablet 1.1.9

- Automatically Load Next Song now works when loading an individual song from a setlist
- The annotations text window now saves its position and only repositions if it overlaps the text box
- Added new batch edit dialog for modifying the metadata of multiple songs at once
- Modifying the page order of a song will no longer cause annotations or link points to change pages, and rotation is now properly maintained.
- The scroll speed now scales with how much of the page is being scrolled when using a pedal
- Modifying a text or chord pro file will no longer cause MobileSheetsPro to clear the settings for that file when it detects the change
- Reduced the minimum allowed size of the crop rectangle so that smaller areas can be selected
- Fixed bug with the long press overlay toggle mode so that it doesn't immediately hide the overlay
- Added ability to export files with annotations, cropping and rotations intact
- Added ability to write out annotations to underlying files permanently. A future update will add the ability to import these back for editing.
- Added support for printing songs and setlists using any print service installed on the device
- Fixed bugs with transposing that could cause the keys to be changed incorrectly (mixing flats and sharps)
- Added support for including settings when creating and restoring backup files
- The song title format now supports a complex syntax that can handle checks for missing fields
- Switched to a new PDF rendering engine
- Pages now keep their original aspect ratio when shrunk by the song overlay
- Zooming now looks better while the pinch zoom is active
- Added the ability to specify values for any group fields on the import dialog
- Adjusted the quality of freeform annotations. It is now possible to insert a single circular dot.
- The two page display will now display the last page of a song by itself when turning two pages at a time and the song has an odd number of pages
- Fixed a number of bugs related to swapping files
- The half page adapter now correctly clears the half page turn state when loading a new song
- A triple tap no longer enters annotation mode when performance mode is enabled
- Fixed chord pro formatting issues when page breaks occur in the middle of a chorus section
- Added support for a Norwegian translation
- Added new options to the find missing file screen. You can now tap to swap, long press to edit and tap the X to delete individual songs
- The tab order dialog now respects the library text size
- Fixed issue with link points not working with certain types of scaling active
- Added code to better handle the device running out of memory

Companion Pro 2.0.6

- Switched to InstallShield installer framework
- Added new custom controls to provide faster text entry for adding, modifying and removing groups
- Added new import feature to handle creating multiple songs at once if more than one file is dragged and dropped
- Added new batch edit dialog to handle modifying the properties and groups of multiple songs at once
- Added new options to add, reorder and remove columns for song lists
- Added new dialog to add, reorder and remove tabs for all of the supported group types
- Updated library backup and restore to handle saving and restoring application settings
- Fixed all bugs with dragging and dropping songs while modifying setlists and other group types.
- Added support for dragging and dropping directories on the batch import dialog.
- Dragging a directory on the main window now loads the batch import dialog.
- Fixed various bugs with the song editor dialog
- Added back options to convert PDFs to images

Thanks,
Mike
1) file sharing error / possible library corruption risc !!!!!!

I am going to restart this report, based on the information I have now. (see behind strikthrough text)

When selecting a song, choosing /Share  /share files . . .
First the File sharing options are shown, then a message 'File %1$s does not exist' is shown. I have also seen another message stating that the file cannot be found, but I cannot reproduce the appearance of that message for the moment.
UPDATE: the other message is 'export operation failed. Make sure the song is not missing files, restart the application and try again'
UPDATE2. I did a missing file search right after installing 1.1.9. None were found then. Now I just did it again and now it says 678 missing files from 425 songs !!!!
will investigate further and report back
UPDATE3.  Restored library from backup. Did a missing files check. Ok, none were found. Played around a bit with scores (displaying some, cropping, anotating others). Did a new missing files check. Ok, none were found.  Selected a random song,  and choose 'share files' . This time it showed me a window asking for a location for the file. I selected one. Here Mobilesheets frooze. I got 'not responding' window from android and choose wait a couple of times. Finally the tablet rebooted. After that hundreds of files were again missing from the library.
I now remember having this freezing of Mobilesheets before too. Maybe it is causing the missing files? I am pretty sure though I got the 'file does not exist' error mentioned in the beinning of this post before that freeze!

So far I have seen 3 distinct issues with 'Share'

First :
Select a file, choose /Share/Share Files. In some cases, after showing the options, the folowing errormessage is shown 'export operation failed. Make sure the song is not missing files, restart the application and try again'. After this, it is possible to view the score in MSPro and there are no missing files reported.

Second
:
Select a file, choose /Share/Share Files. In Some cases, no errormessage is shown, but no file is created and MSPro freezes. Android will then show the 'not responding' window. In this situation, MSPro seems to be doing damage to the library, as after canceling the application, there are lots of missing files reported. It seems the score list is damaged in alphabetic sequence. Meaning that the damage happens to the first x songs in the songs tab.

Third
:
In a situation with missings files, choosing a song, whose score is missing (and cannot be displayed), and then choosing /Share/Share as .msf. Will actually produce an .msf file. I would have expected in error about a missing file here. (have not checked what the msf contains)

2) Dutch translation error

The options in /library setting  /text alignment , are mixed in the dutch translation. They appear in the order
Links     Rechts     Midden      where it should be
Links     Midden    Rechts
Thanks for the report - there are definitely some issues there that I need to look into. I'm currently on travel in a hotel room, but I'll try to get fixes in place as soon as possible.
Hi Mike

Installed the update with bugfixes you send out a couple of hours ago.
No change in the problems reported above
I fixed the export files option, but apparently did not fix the share files option (my mistake). I'll get it fixed ASAP. Question: has everything looked good as far as loading PDFs?

Thanks,
Mike
Most of my library are jpg's. But every pdf I loaded (+/- 20 of them) looks ok.

Have imported some additional pdf scores just for testing. All look ok. One is a 400+ page pdf document.
Scrolled through some 80 pages of it. All looks ok. Loads quickly

Have noticed today, that every time , when clicking on the 'genre' tab, I get an Android message 'Mobilesheetspro has stopped'.

I also noted when selecting a song and choosing /share /export files, I am not given a chance to choose (or change) the name of the file to be created. Also, an already existing file with same name gets overwritten without warning!
So I just looked through the code, and it appears that the only way the genre tab would be crashing for you would be if you created a genre whose name was only punctuation or special characters. Did you happen to do something like that?

As far as exporting, I don't think I'm going to provide an option to rename the exported file names, at least not at first. If you export a setlist, for example, that would require that I prompt the user to provide a name for every file used by every song in that setlist, which would be pretty tedious. If you join the files into one PDF, i do provide an option to name that. If people think it's important that I provide an option to rename the exported file, I could make that available when exporting just a single file. As far as overwriting existing files, it's true that I'm not currently providing a warning for that. I'll add some code to do that.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-12-2015, 06:23 AM)Zuberman Wrote: So I just looked through the code, and it appears that the only way the genre tab would be crashing for you would be if you created a genre whose name was only punctuation or special characters. Did you happen to do something like that?

As far as exporting, I don't think I'm going to provide an option to rename the exported file names, at least not at first. If you export a setlist, for example, that would require that I prompt the user to provide a name for every file used by every song in that setlist, which would be pretty tedious. If you join the files into one PDF, i do provide an option to name that.  If people think it's important that I provide an option to rename the exported file, I could make that available when exporting just a single file. As far as overwriting existing files, it's true that I'm not currently providing a warning for that. I'll add some code to do that.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm not having any problems with the "Genre" Tab.

Ketil
Using Samsung Note Pro (SM-P900) with Android 5.0.2
I have some genres shown as '<Blank>'.
Don't really know where that comes from. Maybe the green Mobilesheets.
Other than that they are just plain text.