• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song Editing in Companion
Whenever I try to edit a song in latest companion the screen freezes!

Win 10 64bit

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
John,

Does the application freeze or are you saying it's causing Windows to freeze too? Does this happen with any file you try to edit?

Thanks,
Mike
(10-24-2015, 06:05 AM)Zuberman Wrote: John,

Does the application freeze or are you saying it's causing Windows to freeze too? Does this happen with any file you try to edit?  

Thanks,
Mike

Mike

Just the application freezes and freezes with other files I tried, need to do a control/alt/delete to get control  through task manager.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
That's really weird John. I haven't seen that yet with any of my testing. I'll have to figure out how to reproduce it.

Mike
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet? I just want to rule out missing files or some other weird problem like that. Unless someone can figure out an easy way to reproduce this, I'm stumped, as it works fine for me with everything I've tried.

Thanks,
Mike
Do you have audio or MIDI defined for the songs that are freezing?
Hello Mike,

I have the same problem, also with the latest MobileProCompanion.
Maybe some of my observations are helpful:
I tried to deinstall in Win7 MobileProCompanion and saw that there were two version listed in uninstaller: Version 2.1.5 and 2.1.8. I deinstalled 2.1.8 successfull and after that I seeked in Windows registry for "zubersoft" and deleted all entries.
After a restart of computer I installed new downloaded  MobileProCompanion and tried again.
Problem is still the same!

Then I watched to the messages from MobilePro on the screen of my tablet (Samsung Tablet SM-T900 with Android 5.1.1).
Last one on screen ist "send music library to PC". After it MobileProCompanion on PC gets very slow if I try to edit a song, e.g. if I try to connect an audio file from pc to the song. Companion gets very slow and reacts after many seconds up to 1 minute.
Suddenly Companion showed the message: "An error was encountered while adding or modifying song. Verify that the connection is still valid to the wireless network."

Afterwards Companion hangs and could not be closed while MobilePro on Tablet always shows connection and last message "send music library to PC".

Perhaps this can help you to localize the error/problem in software (mobile pro or companion pro).

Bernd
Bernd,

Do you have a huge number of mp3s on your tablet? If so, I'm wondering if it's having to send so much data that it's causing a very big slow down and tying up the connection. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike

sorry for the late answer.
I have about 1.800 music files on my tablets, most of them are mp3 and midi. Is this a huge number?
Meanwhile I tried the same procedure (editing a song by companionPro) on my second tablet Samsung Note 10 with Android 4.1.2 (with also about 1800 music files).
Reaction of editing was much faster. So I had no greater time delay. But I got an error message while sending data to tablet (look to the attachment). On the tablet the connection was shown as guilty.
Is this helpful for you?

Bernd

I am also experiencing this issue, and I believe I know how to replicate it.

I'm in a set list, going down the list right clicking each song >> Edit Audio (Or just EDIT as they both create same result) >> then hit Ok. I then select another song, repeat the above steps. If you keep doing this for different songs then it's fine. BUT if you try right clicking and clicking edit on a song that you've already right clicked on and hit edit and ok, it freezes up.
I've got a fix in place for this. Working on wrapping up the update right now.

Mike