• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist ideas
Once I choose a setlist to work with, collapse that area to allow more room for the list itself. I often have a lot of songs in my lists and it would be nice to have the extra room.

Allow Drag & Drop when adding songs to a setlist so I can place them where I want them instead of just adding them to the end of the list.

If Drag & Drop isn't possible (or maybe even if it is), how about using an icon to Add songs like you do to delete them? I often add songs accidentally when scrolling through the list.

Allow rearranging of songs in the main setlist display.

When long-pressing on a song while in a setlist, it asks which setlist to remove the song from. I only want to remove it from the current setlist and don't want to accidentally remove it from some other (possibly unrelated) list. Can it either not bother asking that question, or if someone else likes that functionality, perhaps it could show which setlist is currently in use and default to it? Or maybe use checkboxes on the entries and just select the current one by default.

...Doug
You have some great suggestions there Doug. I'm going to be reworking the setlist screen after I finish my current work on the different display modes. Dragging & dropping between lists is not easy on Android, but I'll see what I can do. I'll consider allowing rearranging songs in the main setlist display as well.

As for that menu, I use the same menu regardless of where a song is long-pressed. I'll see if I can handle that option a little more intelligently when it's used on a song already being viewed in a setlist.
Hi,

I have another idea for setlists:
Each week I create a setlist of songs, and then email it to the other people who will be playing with me.
It would be nice if I could copy the titles of the songs in the set list as plain text for pasting straight into the email. Another alternative would be to use the android share function for sharing the setlist.

Thanks,
Jason
(03-25-2013, 10:45 AM)JCrow Wrote: Hi,

I have another idea for setlists:
Each week I create a setlist of songs, and then email it to the other people who will be playing with me.
It would be nice if I could copy the titles of the songs in the set list as plain text for pasting straight into the email. Another alternative would be to use the android share function for sharing the setlist.

Thanks,
Jason

That's a great idea. I too am the "set list master" in our church choir, where there are several other tablet users (currently only one other MobileSheets user, but that count will increase by one soon Smile ) For set list emailing, be sure to add both the song title and author - for church music, there are a significant number of songs with the same titles but different artists. In fact, the "custom" field would be nice too, since I sometimes use that to indicate an alternate arrangement. (Of course if you want to go whole hog, you can allow all of the fields, or maybe even have a configuration option where you pick which fields to include)

Regarding the "share setlist" function: I recall that Mike had previously mentioned a feature that would allow two users to "bump" their tablets and exchange songs or setlists via Bluetooth. He might have mentioned that since the iPad app forScore already does this, that he might be able to make Mobilesheets compatible with it, so that we could exchange songs with our iPad brethren Smile That would be great for me since we have one iPad user in our choir (surprisingly, the Android population is growing, but there's still just the one iPad user). Anyway, I digress... this sort of sharing would need to be use Bluetooth for my use case, since there is no wifi available where we practice, and most of us don't have 3G/4G, but we all have Bluetooth. However, in cases where wifi is available, it would be nice to be able to use that instead. This ability to share/exchange music would also be handy when bringing a new tablet user into the fold, since it could have a "sync all music" mode to push an entire library into a user's tablet. (I mentioned earlier that we are getting another tablet convert in our choir - a Nexus 10 - and I'll have to go through a relatively painful backup/restore process to get our library into his tablet - alas, no SD card on that tablet, so it will have to be via tether or Dropbox)

Okay, I am done making feature requests. Let us know if any of these niceties are in your "near future" upgrade plans.
I have a lot of work to do with sharing features. I was hoping to have one big update where I added all sorts of things related to sharing. Unfortunately, I'm under a time crunch right now with my day job, so I'm struggling to find enough time to work on MobileSheets. I was hoping to get the v4.1.0 release done this month, but I'm nowhere close to where I wanted to be, as I'm having to work 7 days a week right now on my day job. I'll definitely keep all these ideas in mind though. Hopefully things will slow down for me soon so I can get back to work on MobileSheets.
I would really support the sharing feature requests!
We have 4 tablets in our choir (all running MobileSheets) and I would really love to be able to share setlists, but eventually also songs.
I'd love to have a 'placeholder' in a setlist. In our church group, certain songs are static, that we sing every service, while some are dynamic and change. It would be nice to have a placeholder for the songs that change (e.g. 'Entrance') that I could replace with the song we choose that week or service.

I could create a setlist called 'normal service' and just replace the placeholders with whatever our director chooses that week.