• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion: use of commas
I frequently add names as LN, FN.  Works fine on MSP and it use to work on the Companion.  But now the Companion will not let me enter it that way on any of the fields.  When I tried to add something like Edward MacDowell as a composer, I'll type in MacDowell and as soon as I put the "," in it won't let me go any further.  If I put the song in via MSP directly, the field flows over ok to the Companion as MacDowell, Edward.

I'm also getting a freeze-up or should I say an extreme slow down of the screen quite frequently when I enter a field but I've not been reproduce the actual step I took before it happens.

Also, any word on getting the backup to work from Companion?

Txs
Harper
I use a comma as a delimiter between values currently. This obviously doesn't work well with composers or other fields where a comma may be used for each entry. I will change this behavior for those fields so that the only way to commit a new value is to hit enter. People keep indicating that there is a slowdown when they enter a field, but I've had no luck reproducing this yet. If anyone can come up with steps to cause this, please let me know.

As far as the backup, I can't reproduce any problems at all with backing up from the companion app. Everything I've tried works without issue. I sent an updated companion app with additional logging to another user who was having issues, and his problems mysteriously vanished. If you would like to try that installer as well, I can send it to you.

Mike
(11-02-2015, 03:32 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I use a comma as a delimiter between values currently. This obviously doesn't work well with composers or other fields where a comma may be used for each entry. I will change this behavior for those fields so that the only way to commit a new value is to hit enter. People keep indicating that there is a slowdown when they enter a field, but I've had no luck reproducing this yet. If anyone can come up with steps to cause this, please let me know.

As far as the backup, I can't reproduce any problems at all with backing up from the companion app. Everything I've tried works without issue.  I sent an updated companion app with additional logging to another user who was having issues, and his problems mysteriously vanished. If you would like to try that installer as well, I can send it to you.

Mike

Yes, I'll try the installer please.  Right now I'm totally without any backup since I don't use an SD card.  Everything is backed up to my PC. 

Thanks Mike
You can download the installer here: www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/test/MobileSheetsProCompanion.exe
That did the trick! I have a backup again!
TYVM!