• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No USB Connection between MS Pro and Korg pa3x after upgrading Android into 5.0.1
Hello my friends.
I use Lenovo Yoga tablet 2 pro and Mobile Sheets Pro (1.2.3)
My tablet can not make an USB connection with Korg pa3x (no aproppriate message does not appear). It hadn't an issue before.
I can exclude problem with cable, the problem has appeared after updating Android system into 5.0.1.

Any idea, how to resolve above problem?

Is it possible to implement an option to force Tablet to make an USB connection?
  • I have the same problem with a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2".  Galaxy updated the OS to Lollipop 5.1.1 and I resisted installing until today because I too was worried it would interfere with the Midi-USB link to my PA600, and sure enough it did. It  displays a message "MobilesheetsPro has stopped. Report / Ok " I was unwilling to install because of a lack of trust in enforced upgrades, but Youtube music playback on the tablet was slowed down to about 30% speed, and I guessed the upgrade was insisting I respond. Now I'm sorry I did. It looks like I'll be replacing the Samsung Galaxy with another make, probably a 13" model. I will leave the Wifi disconnected next time, and find a way to delete the downloaded upgrade if it happens unintentionally. I'm hoping Mike can provide a fix for this. Sad
(11-21-2015, 05:28 AM)maintech Wrote:
  • I have the same problem with a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2".  Galaxy updated the OS to Lollipop 5.1.1 and I resisted installing until today because I too was worried it would interfere with the Midi-USB link to my PA600, and sure enough it did. It  displays a message "MobilesheetsPro has stopped. Report / Ok " I was unwilling to install because of a lack of trust in enforced upgrades, but Youtube music playback on the tablet was slowed down to about 30% speed, and I guessed the upgrade was insisting I respond. Now I'm sorry I did. It looks like I'll be replacing the Samsung Galaxy with another make, probably a 13" model. I will leave the Wifi disconnected next time, and find a way to delete the downloaded upgrade if it happens unintentionally. I'm hoping Mike can provide a fix for this. Sad

I took back my tablet to the producer (warranty repair), because I suppose, that in my case there is a problem with micro-USB. There are two things:
1) very long charging time
2) tablet is not detected after connecting it to the desktop computer or laptop.

All above happened after installing Lollipop OS v5.0.1
I do not think that the problem lies on the MS Pro site.
I have put fixes in place for all crash reports I've received for version 1.2.7. I'll release that this weekend. I'm still not sure I understand the nature of the problems being reported with the Samsung Tab Pro tablets that have updated to 5.1.1, as the crash reports I've received seem odd.

Mike
(11-22-2015, 11:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I have put fixes in place for all crash reports I've received for version 1.2.7. I'll release that this weekend. I'm still not sure I understand the nature of the problems being reported with the Samsung Tab Pro tablets that have updated to 5.1.1, as the crash reports I've received seem odd.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I truly appreciate your dedication to our support.

Do I go to the apps page and imply download the new release? Will all of the data be preserved when a later version is installed? Sorry if these seem to be basic queries but yours is the first android app I've been involved with that was affected by the lollipop upgrade.

Regards, David M.
Google Play will notify you of the update. If you have Google Play set to automatically download updates for MobileSheetsPro (which is the default I think), it will just automatically update it for you.

Mike
I just discovered that there is a major problem with the Samsung 5.1.1 update. You can see more here: http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board...rtId=zzzzz~

It looks like the USB will not work at all with Samsung's update. I hope they do something about it soon, but there is nothing I can do now except stop the application from crashing.

Sorry for the bad news.

Mike
(11-23-2015, 02:49 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I just discovered that there is a major problem with the Samsung 5.1.1 update. You can see more here: http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board...rtId=zzzzz~

It looks like the USB will not work at all with Samsung's update.  I hope they do something about it soon, but there is nothing I can do now except stop the application from crashing.

Sorry for the bad news.

Mike

Thanks for your effort Mike. At least we can read our music. From the Samsung forum replies I read it seems that other tablet makes are fine, its just the Samsung tablets that are affected. I have sent off a couple of emails to Samsung, but I was wondering if others add their ten cents, perhaps we can awaken the sleeping giant! 

I have included the Canadian link, not sure of the US link.   http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/erms1

regards,

David
Would a poll of Samsung users provide any kind of weight to our request for action? I asked the same question on the Korg forum, perhaps we can move Samsung to respond.
Wow, Samsung is really screwing up big time!
I'm very happy with my Samsung Galaxy Note, and I'm even happier I dropped the Samsung Android in favour of something else...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).