• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import from GoogleDrive
I love the option to use Google Drive but I can't seem to make it work. When I hit the link it just shows a blank screen. My Dropbox works perfectly. Any ideas? thnx!
The Google Drive integration relies on things like the Google Play Services running and available on your tablet. What kind of tablet do you have? Is it rooted?
(11-13-2015, 04:38 PM)Zuberman Wrote: The Google Drive integration relies on things like the Google Play Services running and available on your tablet. What kind of tablet do you have? Is it rooted?

I have a Samsung Mega 6.3 running on Android 4.2 and it is rooted. Google Play Services is running.
I want to check to see if you've tried both approaches to importing from Google Drive. If you tap "Import->Google Drive", do you still encounter the error? How about if you do Import->Local Files, but then tap the Google Drive icon at the top? Does it ask you to connect to your Google Drive account? Usually it shows a list of accounts and you have to pick one. I'm trying to determine how far it's getting in the connection process before failing. It seems to work fine on all the devices I've tried, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong.
I've tried both approaches and both times it just opens to a blank screen. It seems like it goes to my googledrive but lists nothing- blank.
If no errors are shown, that would seem to indicate that the list of files I'm getting back from Google Drive shows that there are no files... I just want to verify - you don't see anything at the bottom of the screen like "Cannot connect to root", right?
I too am having this issue. Samsung Tab 12.2, Lollipop 5.0.2 NOT rooted (unrooted to update firmware - haven't rerooted it). For me it is giving the "can not access "root"" message after having selected the desired google account. Same result through either method of import access . I tried it on my Galaxy s5 phone with the same results. I am so excited to have native support of GoogleDrive and I am looking forward to getting it up and running!
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, 12.2, and View (18.4)
PageFlip Cicada/Firefly, AirTurn PED
(11-15-2015, 06:17 AM)benhharris Wrote: I too am having this issue. Samsung Tab 12.2, Lollipop 5.0.2 NOT rooted (unrooted to update firmware - haven't rerooted it). For me it is giving the "can not access "root"" message after having selected the desired google account. Same result through either method of import access . I tried it on my Galaxy s5 phone with the same results. I am so excited to have native support of GoogleDrive and I am looking forward to getting it up and running!

I have same problem: "cannot access root".
Do you guys have the Google Drive application installed on your tablets? I'm still trying to figure out how to reproduce the problem as I've tried on various tablets and they all have worked. Any information would be useful as I'm not sure why it's not working for some people. You all were prompted to select an account, right?
(11-15-2015, 10:28 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Do you guys have the Google Drive application installed on your tablets? I'm still trying to figure out how to reproduce the problem as I've tried on various tablets and they all have worked.   Any information would be useful as I'm not sure why it's not working for some people.  You all were prompted to select an account, right?

I do have the Google Drive app on both of my devices. I use it to organize and store all of my music. I thought of trying a different google account, but I am not sure how to change accounts after having chosen one the first time that MSPro prompted me to.
I think I've found the problem. I selected a different account on my device that I hadn't logged in with, and it doesn't work. When I look in the code, an error is thrown indicating that I need to authorize MobileSheets to use Google Drive. I'll push out a fix for this ASAP
Thumbs Up 
(11-15-2015, 10:51 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I think I've found the problem. I selected a different account on my device that I hadn't logged in with, and it doesn't work. When I look in the code, an error is thrown indicating that I need to authorize MobileSheets to use Google Drive. I'll push out a fix for this ASAP

Terrific! I'm very excited about this feature!
(11-15-2015, 10:28 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Do you guys have the Google Drive application installed on your tablets? I'm still trying to figure out how to reproduce the problem as I've tried on various tablets and they all have worked.   Any information would be useful as I'm not sure why it's not working for some people.  You all were prompted to select an account, right?

I have tried on another tablet (Lenovo A10) and at first Google Drive didn't work, but when I had tapped the Dropbox icon and then back to GD, the files showed up, and after that workaround, it works fine.
But it does not work on my Samsung SM-T520 :-( 

Hey... right now at this moment I got an update - and it is working. Thanks!
(11-15-2015, 10:51 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I think I've found the problem. I selected a different account on my device that I hadn't logged in with, and it doesn't work. When I look in the code, an error is thrown indicating that I need to authorize MobileSheets to use Google Drive. I'll push out a fix for this ASAP

It works! I'm so happy. Thanks for the quick fix. Well done!