• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowings and Slurs?
I love this app, but I have run into a couple of shortcomings that would make it significantly more useful for me:

1.) I would love to see down bow and up bow indications in the stamp library.

2.) A slur tool - would it be possible to connect two tapped points with a curved line, that could then have 3-4 handles on it for adjusting the position of each handle, affecting the length and amplitude of the slur line?

Thanks!
-bc
I have a lot of work to do in improving the stamps. I'm going to move to a font library, as it will scale properly and look a lot cleaner. I will have to make sure the font library has the down and up bow indications, but it should.

As for the slur tool, this is a very nice idea. It may be somewhat complicated to implement, so I'll have to wait until I have a little bandwidth.

Thanks,
Mike
Great - thanks!

I just set-up my airturn pedals yesterday, and this app is just amazing. Now I just need to start scanning my music library...

My main thinking for the slurs is that I would love to be able to give my students really clean copies of my parts, with my bowing/fingering indications, but without my sloppy hand-writing and other markings that are specific to my performing experiences. To do this, I have downloaded a bunch of clean pdfs from imslp, and was hoping to use mobilesheets to do all of those annotations.

-bc
(03-22-2013, 02:23 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I 3have a lot of work to do in improving the stamps. I'm going to move to a font library, as it will scale properly and look a lot cleaner. I will have to make sure the font library has the down and up bow indications, but it should.

As for the slur tool, this is a very nice idea. It may be somewhat complicated to implement, so I'll have to wait until I have a little bandwidth.

Thanks,
Mike
Have you put the bowing marks in. I just purchased it and cant figure out how to 

Put up and down bows. It isn't in the stamps.
No, I haven't put them in yet I'm afraid. You'd have to draw them with the freeform tool. Having said that, the annotations rework is finally coming over the next couple months which is introducing the enhancements I've mentioned in various posts on the forum.

Mike
(01-25-2019, 03:22 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: No, I haven't put them in yet I'm afraid. You'd have to draw them with the freeform tool. Having said that, the annotations rework is finally coming over the next couple months which is introducing the enhancements I've mentioned in various posts on the forum.

Mike

Hi all.

First of all let me thank you for this great piece of software!! Users of other software in our orchestra always have issues with this and that...not me...and I have always recommended to swap to MobileSheets because I think it is the best (at least for Android....I can not tell about Apple and Microsoft but we often compare and I still think MobileSheets is the best!) :-)

I wanted to ask if bows (ties and slurs) are somehow implemented. I couldn't find it but I might look in the wrong place. In my poor mind I think it cannot be more work to program that the de-/crescendo arrows. A simple bow would do the job....at least far better than my hand drawn bows  Rolleyes 

Would be great!

Greeting from Germany
Thorsten 

PS: please excuse my poor English
(01-25-2019, 09:14 AM)Sylviolin Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 02:23 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I 3have a lot of work to do in improving the stamps. I'm going to move to a font library, as it will scale properly and look a lot cleaner. I will have to make sure the font library has the down and up bow indications, but it should.

Thanks,
Mike
Have you put the bowing marks in. I just purchased it and cant figure out how to 

Put up and down bows. It isn't in the stamps.

Import up/down bows to user stamps.

Good morning.

OK, I was indeed looking at the wrong place and I did not have the idea that I could add a bow as a stamp Rolleyes

The 'user stamps' section of the manual does not mention what file types can be used but in the chapter before - explaining the regular stamps - it says: User provided stamps that are bitmaps will show a lo ss in quality as their size is increased, while user provided vector graphics files will maintain the same quality at any size.

Wow, so there is support for vector images that can be resized without loss of quality and which will not cover the notes?

I will try to find a bow in vector or try to make my own in CorelDraw.....there is no library where users can upload their stamps so the community can use them, right?

Cheers
Thorsten
OK, I drew a bow up and a bow down in CorelDraw, exported them to SVG and voilá, I have ties/slurs :-)
Would be great if stamps could also be 'skewed' so that the bow could be put over a number of ascending/descending notes and it would follow the notes...but hey, this is already far better than my hand drawings  Big Grin

Thanks for pointing me to the user stamps !!

Have a great weekend
Thorsten