• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fixed 1.3.1] Song title encoding problems upon import
Given a file that is Latin-1 encoded with a title directive that contains non-ASCII characters. Upon import, with setting to process the directives, the title ends up double-decoded in the songs list. E.g., "Nürnberg" is entered in the database as "Nürnberg". Note, however, that the song contents (including title) are correctly displayed in song view.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.cho   Frankfürt und Nürnberg.cho (Size: 43 bytes / Downloads: 3)
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Sciurius' post refers to input from my side, thanks for posting that.
To verifiy and avoid history issues, I created new songs, a setlist, a collection and a source type, all containg German special characters in their names.
The only thing that goes wrong is, as Sciurius already reported, a ChordPro song in ANSI / Latin-1 encoding that is shown with a faulty title.
It shows up in the same wrong way in all MSP lists, in the MSP song editor and in mobilesheets.db when I look into it with an SQLite editor.
The collection, setlist and source type all work correctly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I have a fix in place for this now - thanks!
It works great now. Thank you very much.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de