• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MsP-Export as Ms-File
Some of my colleagues still use the former version Mobilesheets (Ms).
Is there a possibility to export or transform my MsP-database into a Ms-database including sheet-, audio-files and may be metadata and annotiations as far as they exists in Ms?
I was not able to read an msf-export in Ms.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Future support for MS is not going to happen. I would think that it be a better route to get your colleagues to upgrade to MSP.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(01-07-2016, 03:24 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: Future  support for MS is not going to happen.  I would  think that it be a better route to get your colleagues to upgrade to MSP.

I don't ask for future support for MS.
It is just the question of reuse or reactivate the fomer data-format. The informations needed are the same.
And the software routines should be the old one.

My colleagues bought MS and they are happy with this. So they won't buy the new version.
It is my "mistake" that i have done the upgrade. So I will have to "down"-grade.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
(01-07-2016, 04:14 AM)Vibraphon Wrote: It is my "mistake" that i have done the upgrade. So I will have to "down"-grade.

Given the incredible increased functionality of MSP, that's not a route I would take (and I say that as someone who intially said he wouldn't be bothering to upgrade to MSP - I was proved very wrong in that statement)
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
So much is different between the database tables of each version that it would be a considerable effort to provide a mechanism to convert a MS Pro database to a MS database. I think you are probably going to have to go back to the last MS backup you had and go from there. If you are skilled with SQLite and databases, with enough work, you could try to map between the two, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort (you could probably recreate your library in less time).

Mike