• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still issues with BT Pedals and Links
Believe it or not Curt, I changed the implementation from something similar to what you are mentioning, to what it is now, which is apparently not what you want. Let me explain how it is currently working:

Each pedal press will take you from a start point to an end point, then the next pedal press takes you to the next start point, NOT to the next end point. It essentially lets you cycle through all start and end points. So if you had set up this arrangement:

Link 1: From Page 1 to Page 3
Link 2: From Page 5 to Page 7
Link 3: From Page 8 to Page 2

Pressing the pedal to go to the next link over and over would result in the following:
page 3 (skips 1 since you start on page 1), page 5, page 7, page 8, page 2

If I implement it the way you seem to want it, pressing the next pedal would just cycle through end points, skipping all start points, resulting in the following:
page 3, page 7, page 2

This might be odd for someone who is using it to skip sections of a large document. They would basically lose the ability to cycle through points. They would instead have to create almost double the link points to make it work, i.e.
From 1 to 3,
From 3 to 5,
From 5 to 7,
From 7 to 8,
From 8 to 2

Also, pressing the pedal to go back to just start points would miss all the end points, which may or may not be what you want, depending on how you plan on using it.

When you just set up link points that go back and forth between two pages, the implementation may seem very odd, as the start and end points are on the same page. Which brings me to my next question: Do you want me to change it back so that it only cycles to end points going forward, and start points going back? It seems like this might significantly limit what you can do with it. Or do you want me to implement code that basically says, if I try to go forward to the next start or end link point, and it's on the same page that I'm currently on, skip it? Or lastly, should I create two separate pedal modes, one that cycles, and one that just jumps to end points going forward or start points going backward? I'm tempted to say either of the latter options are a better choice. Let me know what you think.

I also have the cicada pageflip, so I understand what you are talking about. MobileSheets will accept left arrow/right arrow, up arrow/down arrow, and page up/page down.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still issues with BT Pedals and Links - by Zubersoft - 04-24-2012, 04:19 PM