• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still issues with BT Pedals and Links
Hey Mike,

I've been playing around with your implementation of links a lot. It's just not working for me.

Bottom line is I need a simple way set up sheet music so that I can get through the song structure from start to finish, while changing pages with every pedal press. The current implementation leads to a lot of what I call "dead" presses where internal link pointer moves to the start of a link, but nothing changes on the screen. I find this confusing, especially in a live performance.

I also find that it is often necessary to add two or more redundant links at the bottom of a page for simple page turns (depending on the structure of the song).

So here is, in my opinion, what I would consider be the "ultimate" solution (some of this is already implemented)

1. Links would execute sequentially in the order they are added.

2. The "next" link would only execute if it were on the current page.

3. The start point would exist as a highlighted "reminder" to press the pedal

4. If the "next" link is on the current page, a pedal press would take you directly to the link end point.

5. Upon changing pages and arriving at the link end point, the end point would be temporarily highlighted

6. If the "next" link is not on the current page then a pedal press would default to a simple page turn, i.e. next page.

The "previous" pedal press would act similarly, except it would evaluate if the end point is on the current page, and take back you to the start point, or to the previous page if the link is not present on the current page.

If implemented this way, the end used could add links in a natural order by browsing the music and adding links only for "repeats", "d.c", "d.s", etc. Thinks that are explicitly written. Page changes at the bottom of the pages are "assumed". and would eliminate redundant links for simple page changes.

Hope all this makes sense. And hope you will accommodate me :-)

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Curt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still issues with BT Pedals and Links - by cesibley - 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM