• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slow Bluetooth pedal page turns with Toshiba Excite 13
(06-18-2013, 11:22 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I just ordered the Excite 13 inch for use with sheet music (I have been using a laptop with Chartraxx and billipro page usb turner).

I think it will come with OS 4.0.

I will probably get a bluetooth page turner becuase the Excite does nto have a regular USB port it it will be unweidly to get an adapter to us with the Bill Pro (I think, let me know if you disagree).

I did a search for how toupdated the O.S. It seemed to say you had to root the device in order to updated the operating system.

Is that true? Is it easy to update?

Thanks for your help. (I plan on getting Mobile Sheet and probably EZPDF for use on the Excite 13).

Jeff

I've been using an Excite 13 with MobileSheets since March, and the combination is working quite well for me. I hope you'll have a similar experience. :-)

Mine came with Android 4.0, which is the version I'm still using. Apparently Toshiba has updated the Excite 10 to 4.1, but for some reason there's no official update for the 13" version. I haven't bothered trying to root the tablet, so I can't comment on how easy that would be to do.

I recommend the AirTurn BT-105 bluetooth pedal, which is what I'm using. It's more expensive than the competition, and the controls (a single button overloaded for power on/off, mode switch and pairing) are annoying, but it works very, very well. The slow page turns referred to earlier in this thread were totally and completely solved in version 4.10 of MobileSheets. For comparison I've also tried the Pageflip Cicada (much better controls than the BT-105, but I can't make it react as consistently; your mileage may vary on this) and the Bilipro USB pedal, which I used with a USB adapter when trying to troubleshoot the slow page turns problem -- it works well, but I agree that the adapter is cumbersome, so I stopped using it once the bluetooth issue was fixed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: slow Bluetooth pedal page turns with Toshiba Excite 13 - by smw - 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM