• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Perform without Auto-scroll
Without the auto-scroll feature, I'm not sure how to use the product during performance. Here's my situation:
1) I play the piano in public
2) I have no Bluetooth pedal
3) I want hands-free performance
3) I have to use landscape to be able to read the screen
4) Ideally, I'd like to have the screen continuously scroll from top to bottom of a tall vertical sheet (i.e., one long page) at a given speed

How can I accomplish the same thing without auto-scroll? How do other use the product in performance without auto-scroll? I guess I could kludge something up where each page has the same line repeated at the bottom of one page and the top of the next, so that when page turns happen, there's always some overlap. Are there other options?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill,

This is what I'm working on right now. I'm going to introduce features to help with this such as continuous vertical scrolling with much more advanced auto-scrolling. You will have control over whether you want the scrolling to be at a fixed continuous rate, or follow certain programmable patterns (move to this point, stop for a time, move again to a different point/page, etc). The programmable pattern stuff may not come until a later update depending on the complexity, as I also want people to have the ability to invoke other actions at certain points in the autoscroll (start/stop audio, metronome, etc). If you can be patient for a little longer as I work to get these features finished, I think you will be satisfied with your options for performance.

Mike
so there's no way yet to edit autoscroll speed ?

thanks
Not until v4.1.0 I'm afraid. I'm doing what I can to get it released as soon as possible, but there is still a fair amount to do as the scope has increased.
(05-11-2013, 03:39 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Not until v4.1.0 I'm afraid. I'm doing what I can to get it released as soon as possible, but there is still a fair amount to do as the scope has increased.

thanks for your reply.

What's the best way to use this app in landscape ?

The autoscroll simply scroll to the bottom of the page, right ?
I'm still trying to understand if I can set the autoscroll slower using the metronome setting.
The way the autoscroll is currently implemented, you can't change how fast it scrolls or how much it scrolls - you can only adjust how often it scrolls. This is being completely reworked for the next update, but for now, you can only change the delay between scrolls.
It's really confusing over here, does really this feature performs this scrolling or not. I think the scrolling really need to upgrade.
The best bet would probably be to let Mike finish and release v4.1 with this feature in it, see how it performs and go from there.