• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scrolling tempo
I'd like to suggest a feature to control the speed of the (animated) scrolling, namely to slow it down to the extent that the eyes can follow it.

This is useful for vertical scrolling (with animated scrolling) which I took a liking to. It's much easier to orientate yourself on the next page/next line if you're able to follow it with the eyes to the top. Otherwise it's a bit confusing if there are already some lines of the next page shown and played.

Also I suggest a box/button for switching between on/off for animated scrolling in the same menu where you choose vertical, horizontal and half page scrolling (again my liking for animated scrolling for vertical, but not for horizontal, so better to switch it without going to the preferences).
I can add more options for the page turn animation speed. As for using it with the vertical scrolling mode, I would think the automatic scrolling feature would be more useful for that as you can have it scroll continuously to the end of the song at a speed you like.

As for the page display selection dialog, I already have plans to add a few other settings there, so I'm sure I could fit a setting on there for the page turn animation. The only downside to using a checkbox is that then I have to have two separate settings - one for whether page turn animations are enabled and another for the page turn animation speed, versus using a dropdown where you choose a speed or "off". If I save that setting independently for landscape orientation versus portrait, I imagine one setting would probably be fine, right?

Mike
(01-14-2016, 03:49 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can add more options for the page turn animation speed.  As for using it with the vertical scrolling mode, I would think the automatic scrolling feature would be more useful for that as you can have it scroll continuously to the end of the song at a speed you like.

I agree hat automatic scrolling only makes sense for the vertical scrolling feature. But for me that isn't satisfying yet because it isn't exact enough IMHO when there are repeats, segnos, codas etc.

Maybe if you implement a measure based scrolling/turning feature where you can specifiy how many measures each page has and combine the scrolling with the metronome it will be better for my purpose. Is this similar to what you already have in bugzilla? I was going to suggest it before I noticed the bugzilla entry.

But that's not what I meant with the speed for the manual turning of pages. I just ordered an airturn duo so my attitude might change. But so far I found I cope quite well with turning pages in vertical mode using a free hand (pianist) when there's an occasion in the chart.

MS works fantastic with dragging the page, too, which helps to find the moments to turn/drag the page. My suggestion for the slower scrolling speed was for not losing the focus while the page turns/scrolls and maybe even being able to read and play the measures while they move to the top. So that was intended for manual scrolling/turning and I think it has definitely a use.

Quote:If I save that setting independently for landscape orientation versus portrait, I imagine one setting would probably be fine, right?

Yes, I agree.
I just noticed. If vertical scrolling is activated and i turn the tablet so it switches from portrait to landscape the scrolling doesn't switch. I think it should also scroll vertically in landscape, not horizontally like it does now.
It scrolls both ways [vertical scroll in both landscape and portrait] for me, just have to re-start.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The page display mode is saved separately for portrait versus landscape. If you want vertical scrolling in landscape, you have to select it for landscape as well.
I just got the original PED (not the pro) is there a way to make it continuously scroll without having to constantly stomp on the pedal?
You can switch the pedal action to "Start/stop automatic scrolling" and then set up the automatic scrolling parameters for the song. For example, you can set the scroll behavior to "Scroll continuously until end of song", the "Time Before Scrolling Starts" to 2 seconds and the "Scroll Speed" to whatever scroll speed you like. Then you can press the pedal once to start scrolling, and again to stop scrolling. Let me know if that will work for you.

Mike