• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setlist: ability to define and display sets
(01-22-2016, 01:45 AM)oz1 Wrote: It'd be great to be able to divide a setlist into sets. I can see 2 ways of doing this:
1 - (simple): add a separator (similar to a place holder)
2 - add a new "Set" object type.

Cool things one should be able to do with sets:
- quickly jump from one set to the next in performance mode
- show the song number within the set, both on the list page and as an overlay on the song in performance mode (e.g. Song x/y, with X the song number in the set, and Y the total number of songs in the setlist, excluding song separators)
- re-use a set in different setlists; that'd be for option 2 above only I suppose
Great idea.

My goal within the list would be to keep track of styles actually. I never play the list as arranged so having a check mark for already played would be nice. When I play live I am typically looking for a slow, fast or latin tune to vary the mix. For now I am going to add dummy empty songs with similar titles then group them within the list. So if I am looking for only a fast tune I can find it quickly.

This should be a relatively simple idea that would be great for many of us who perform live based on audience reaction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: setlist: ability to define and display sets - by gman - 01-22-2016, 02:03 AM