Songs with multiple Keys: Leave as registered
Hi,

Given a song in D that modulates to Am, it would be helpful to
enter both keys (as D, Am), but MobileSheets sorts the keys
alphabetically so the result is Am, D.

Is it possible to change this?

Ketil
Using Samsung Note Pro (SM-P900) with Android 5.0.2
Yes, I believe I can modify the code to maintain the order of values that were selected. I'll work on that for the next update.

Mike
I worked on this for a bit and quickly came to the realization that I won't be able to support this. Most of the values benefit from being sorted alphabetically - it's really only the keys that don't. Unfortunately, due to the code being shared for everything, I can't easily handle keys differently. On top of that, the way I read data out of the database and associate songs with the groups doesn't lend itself to maintaining the original ordering of the selected values. I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience to have the keys sorted.

Mike
From a performance angle, surely you really only need to know the starting key? If a key change is needed (say, for a different vocalist) than the starting key is the one you pitch against.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
There are some cases where more than one key is essential: e.g. "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" exists in two famous versions: Ella Fitzgerald + Louis Armstrong play it in C with the B section modulating to Ab,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4cXzvXSq4
This version can be found in various fakebooks.
The Mamas & the Papas on the other hand play it also in C but the B section is in A !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZfKcYlefE.
No dout that it's important which version to be picked for a setlist or a collection.

There are two workarounds to solve that:
1.) as for every other group you can add required key combinations to the list of keys by clicking the "+" button in the song editor window, see screenshots
2.) you can add the key to the end of the title field instead of using the "Keys" field of the library

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I have something similar with capo settings. I currently use the Custom2 field for this, but it would be nice if there were a %CAPO% field...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(02-02-2016, 07:19 AM)itsme Wrote: 2.) you can add the key to the end of the title field instead of using the "Keys" field of the library

That would be my solution - in fact, I include the key in all my titles.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(02-02-2016, 06:32 PM)sciurius Wrote: I have something similar with capo settings. I currently use the Custom2 field for this, but it would be nice if there were a %CAPO% field...

Would adding "Capo' to the key drop down then selecting both capo and the key during the edit procedure work?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
@Skip, I'm not sure I fully understand.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Additions can be made to the 'keys' popup when in the edit songs function [the +]. You could add 'Capo x' there and select it along with the key as you do the editing.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Ah, I see. Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't track changing the capo using the text display settings dialog.
Johan
My turn for incomplete understanding. Smile " track changing the capo using the text display settings dialog."?
Samsung S7+, Android 12
When viewing a ChordPro song, I can change the capo settings (and transpose the chords) using the text display settings dialog. It is this *actual* capo setting that I want included in the summary (and, see some other thread, in annotations).
Johan
I can add support for %CAPO% in the song title formatting but I'm running out of room for buttons so it will just be something that you will have to know to type (and I'll include something in the manual).
No problem for me, thanks!
Also, there has been a lot of discussing how to handle %XXX% items in titles w.r.t. supressing separators and such. Do you have a short writeup how you finally implemented it?
Johan