• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008
Notes about my importing process.
First of all: you did a great job with the CSV import, Mike. It worked like a charm.
I had a number of songs from this fakebook already in my MSP library containing info that I did not want to lose, but I wanted to do the editing work on the PC, so I had to export it first.
Export:
I created a setlist with all songs from that book and exported it with "Generate Song List".
The Song List Format that I used was
%TITLE%;%KEYS%;%SOURCE_TYPES%;%COLLECTIONS%
Note that I removed the spaces after the semicolons that the settings dialog inserts automatically. Page Order is missing, it cannot be included into the song list.
Edit:
The export file written with "Generate Song List" and the format setting above is valid CSV, so I could open it in Libre Office Calc (Excel would also be possible) and complete it. In fields with multiple entries I replaced ", " with "|" to make the format valid for the import.
The contents of the "pages" column had to be added, see attached .xls for the macros that calculate it from "first page", "last page"
Import:
Before I importing the CSV I had to delete the existing entries in MSP to avoid duplicates.
Note that this removes the songs from existing setlists! Existing notations are lost!
@Mike: here's my wish list of things that I missed
- export options for the song list format to include "Page Order" and "Setlists"
- an export with "|" instead of ", " for multiple entries
- a filter setting to find songs that have annotations
- an option "select all" when selecting songs from a list
Maybe it would be easier to add an export in a format that can be edited and re-imported without losing existing information in the library. An export in CSV that includes the database IDs of the songs to allow re-importing to the same songs would do it. I admit that such a feature should be used with caution, it could ruin the entire library.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by itsme - 02-07-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by itsme - 02-07-2016, 06:33 AM
RE: CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by itsme - 02-21-2016, 11:23 AM