• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swiping issue
Something that keeps happening relatively often (I know, this "ain't no bug", which is why it's not posted in the bug section):
I (want to) scroll down a list, with the classic finger movement, and instead of arriving further down I am transported back to the previous screen. MSP reacts somewhat more "nervously" than in the past, theoretically it is faster now but this is foiled by these involuntary excursions. Any chance to make the scrolling down less prone to that? Are other people having that, too, or is it because I'm not a digital native?
Cheers
Ben
The library screen supports swiping left and right to go back/forward in certain cases. It sounds like your swipe must be somewhat diagonal and is being interpreted as a swipe back or forward. If this is the case, I can fix the swipe logic to more accurately discard touch events that have too much vertical movement to be considered a horizontal swipe. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure what's going on...

Mike
That's it, my scroll down swipes contain some horizontal movement:
It´s from bottom left upwards towards the top middle, more pleasant/natural than a straight line upwards or downwards I think.
"discard touch events that have too much vertical movement to be considered a horizontal swipe. "
Yes, if you allow a somewhat wider angle that would solve it - and convince me once again you provide the best software and the best support! :-)
(02-09-2016, 04:42 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It sounds like your swipe must be somewhat diagonal and is being interpreted as a swipe back or forward.

I find this a growing annoyance every day, and in no way limited to MSPro. For example, in iRealPro song list, when trying to scroll fast, about one out of three up or downward swipes is (mis)interpreted as left or right swipe.

Unless a diagonal swipe has a defined meaning, I'd say anything taller than wide should be taken as an up/down swipe.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
As long as you're in portrait mode. Smile
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
One of us doesn't quite understand the other...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Probably me, not thinking clearly yet. Sad
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12