• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Lose
Hey Mike,

I seem to have lost random parts of my library (and some set lists). I added some music in the last two weeks, and some of it is missing (not all though...). At least one of the missing pieces is well over a month old, and some only a few weeks. What I've noticed so far is that it's my piccolo and flute music, and I've only noticed that because I have a flute lesson today! I have all of the music backed up in my dropbox, but I now don't have my annotations. I will add that music that I added in the last couple of days is still there.

Not sure of any way to really recreate this, but if you have any ideas, let me know!

Ron
That is truly bizarre Ron. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that. I've definitely never experienced that myself, so I'm not even sure where to get started with reproducing that problem. If anyone else has encountered this, please let me know. The more information I can get, the better. I'll have a look through the database code again to see if any code stands out that could potentially cause this in rare circumstances.
Thanks (and darn auto correct with "Lose")

Just as a quick follow up, the files are still in the folders, but they aren't showing up in the program.

Ron
(04-03-2013, 02:00 AM)concertmaster3 Wrote: Thanks (and darn auto correct with "Lose")

Just as a quick follow up, the files are still in the folders, but they aren't showing up in the program.

Ron

This might or might not be related to your issue - but there's a "bug" I haven't gotten around to entering yet, where sometimes a song will be displayed twice when I go to the Artists tab and choose all songs by a particular artist. Going to the Songs tab, it will only show that song once. Anyway, if I attempt to delete one of the duplicates from the Artists view, it deletes both of them! (Fortunately, I told it not to delete the files, so I was able to recreate the song quickly). Maybe you were 'cleaning up' duplicates and this happened to you?

I'm not sure how the duplicate song was created, but it's possible that I edited the song via the Companion app. I'll try to see if I can recreate this with a new song.