• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Up A 2nd Tablet
Hi All

I'm sure this is a basic question but can someone just clarify.......

I've been using Music Sheets Pro for several months now but have just ordered a second tablet.

1)  Is it a simple process to transfer existing MS pdf files to a second tablet ??

2)  Do I need to purchase the MS Pro programme a second time for the second tablet, if not
how do I download a free version to my second tablet.

Thanks for any help

Gordon
1 - Backup your existing tablet to your PC, using Companion
2 - Go to wherever you purchased MSP from (usually Google Play Store)
3 - Download MSP app to new tablet (assunig you use the same Google account ,you don't have to pay again)
4 - Restore the backup, you made in step one, to the new tablet

Job done.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks Graeme
(03-08-2016, 08:14 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: 1 - Backup your existing tablet to your PC,

Make sure to include settings, pdf, audio and all.

Quote:4 - Restore the backup, you made in step one, to the new tablet

Unless the tablet system is identical (same Android OS version, SD card layout, ...) make sure to restore to the MSPro managed location.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(03-10-2016, 06:38 AM)sciurius Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 08:14 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: 1 - Backup your existing tablet to your PC,

Make sure to include settings, pdf, audio and all.

Quote:4 - Restore the backup, you made in step one, to the new tablet

Unless the tablet system is identical (same Android OS version, SD card layout, ...) make sure to restore to the MSPro managed location.

Sciurius -- Can you please explain this in more detail?  I'm having a very difficult time restoring the backup file to my second tablet (which is a different make/model from my first tablet).  At the end of the restore process, I keep getting an error message saying that the backup file is corrupt (even though there was no such error at the end of the backup process).

I have tried backing up/restoring using 1) MobileSheets Companion, and 2) to an external USB pen drive.  Neither method worked -- I get the same error message during the restore process.  I even tried swapping out the external SD card (where my library is stored) from the first tablet to the second tablet, which also didn't work.  Any suggestions that you (or anyone on this forum) has would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Smile

PS - I'm trying to move my library from a Galaxy Note to a Streamachine ST13 (more info below).
Three Tablets: 
(master) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 4.4.2
(slave #1) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 5.1.1
(slave #2) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 5.1.1

www.brianbender.com
UPDATE - I did a fresh install of MobileSheets on the second tablet, and then restored the backup file. This time I didn't get an error message about a corrupt backup file. But I did get this message:

"Restore completed successfully. Some files could not be written to disk due to invalid or incompatible paths, or an error in the database. This may be because some files were not accessible (SD card not inserted?). Using a backup file from a different tablet may also cause this."

Aside from that error message, everything appears to have restored to the second tablet correctly. That includes indexed fakebooks (using .csv files), which has given me issues in the past when backing up/restoring my library.

So all is good Smile
Three Tablets: 
(master) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 4.4.2
(slave #1) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 5.1.1
(slave #2) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 5.1.1

www.brianbender.com