• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BPM Detector
Hi there - long time mobilesheets user on android and (more recently) windows.  I have an app on my android phone called LiveBPM that uses the microphone and some magic to determine the BPM of the music I'm playing:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=US

I usually keep my phone on a mount just below my mobilesheets computer so I can stay on track.  It's not exactly something A metronome would work for, because generally i'm trying to stay with whatever tempo the MD gives me to start a song.  some nights for a given song it could be 125bpm, the next night, maybe 120bpm.  My main goal is to have some visual feedback that i'm roughly where I started, if I feel like I'm starting to dip, I can pick it back up, if I'm rushing, I can dial it back - all while the MD thinks I have a superhuman sense of time (Often times the MD is playing piano rather than stick conducting, so tempo is a team effort)

Anyways, I think you see where this is going.  I'd love to add a screen overlay that would do this within MobileSheets so I don't need to use a separate device.  Thanks for the awesome software!

Dan
oops, I already had a feature request open for this.  lol