• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting files for CSV re-import
I've found the problem with %PAGE_ORDER% not working, thanks for letting me know.

As for the ; at the end of every line, I really don't think that's necessary. As long as every column is separated by the proper delimiter, and each row of values has the proper number of columns, it should all work. I'll have to mess around with this a little more to see if can reproduce what you are seeing.

I'll certainly consider your requests, but I'm starting to think the "Generate Song List" feature is straying from it's original purpose. I had intended for it to be used for sharing lists of songs with other people just as a textual list. In that context, generating lists of songs for sharing purposes is mainly useful for setlists, but I guess I could also see it being useful occasionally for other types like collections. Putting the format at the top of the generated song list only makes sense for use with CSV files. I'm not sure it makes sense in any other scenario. I say this because, instead of blurring what the current feature is intended for, perhaps I should be adding something like a "Generate CSV File" option that could be tailored for use in this scenario. It would also eliminate the need to copy the song list into an existing CSV file (I'm not sure what your current process for this is). I'd like to hear some thoughts on this. I've been thinking that the right place for "Generate Song List" may be under the Share menu with a slightly different description (as I currently already have a "Share song list" option under there for .mss files). That or I could have a "Generate" top level option, with "Song List" and "CSV File" under there, which would create a nice container for future features involving generation of new content.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 05-27-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-15-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by Zubersoft - 06-15-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-15-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-15-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-16-2016, 02:37 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-16-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-18-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-18-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Exporting files for CSV re-import - by itsme - 06-18-2016, 05:30 PM