• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cancel" Button in Annotation Editor missing
Hello,
I just changed to a 13" Hannspad tablet and I am now missing the cancel button and the previous/next page arrows in the annotation editor.
I do only see the Save button  (or "Speichern" in my german version), see picture attached.

BTW, I had and still have them on my old tablet, an Acer 10".

Any idea how to get back those helpful buttons?
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is actually based upon the resolution/screen density. Oddly enough, your tablet is reporting that it only has a "large" screen density, which puts it in the same group as 7" tablets. Due to this, it's using a layout where the cancel, next and previous buttons are not visible. The next and previous buttons are under the menu at the top left because they don't fit on a 7" screen. The cancel button isn't necessary because you can just hit the hardware back button on the tablet itself to exit the annotations editor.

Here's what I will do - I will change the Save button to a save icon to reduce the amount of space used and add the previous/next arrows back at the top. I will also ensure that the top section can scroll horizontally (I believe it's already set up to do this) to handle smaller tablets. I don't think the cancel button is really necessary though. I could add a cancel icon to go with the save icon if it really does add value. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,
thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I noticed very big symbols on my tablet (resolution is 1920 x 1080 Pixel...), but it's odd to report a large screen density. I agree, the back button could also be used as a cancel (but there is an additional "are you sure" question). Doesn't matter. But the previous/next buttons would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Michael

Edit: Is it perhaps possible to override the system reporting manually and to tell MSP that I have a "small screen density" by including a switch or setting for that? I really have enough place for that additional buttons/icons :-).