• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CompanionPro CRASHES in Windows 10 running in VMware on a Mac
This is MobileSheetsCompanionPro 2.4.0 running on Windows 10 in a VMware Fusion virtual machine on my Mac.

When I try to do a Batch Import, and browse for the folder, MobileSheetsCompanionPro CRASHES when I browse to a shared folder located on my Mac. The sharing is via VMware Fusion folder sharing -- to the Windows 10 guest it looks like a networked drive (Z: ). This happens for both of my tablets (Hannspree 13").

BUT: I can use the Windows Explorer to browse to the desired shared folder and drag-and-drop the folder from explorer into the batch import dialog folder field: -- batch import works just fine. (I can also drag-and-drop individual files from a shared folder into the main window just fine.)

CLUE: Using the same version, MobileSheetsCompanionPro 2.4.0, running on Windows 7 in a VMware Fusion virtual machine on my Mac, I never had this problem.

Granted this may be difficult to test, but I suspect that any networked drive might display the problem, not just the VMware virtual network.

At least I have a workaround. All my files are on my Mac (>1200 songs, some >100 pages), and I often transfer dozens of songs at once. A second workaround would be to copy them to C: and do batch import from there.

BTW my Windows 7 virtual machine is 45 GB, while the Windows 10 VM is just 13 GB. I'm running out of disk space, so I have incentive to move to Windows 10.

Messages In This Thread
CompanionPro CRASHES in Windows 10 running in VMware on a Mac - by tjrob - 07-10-2016, 04:06 AM