• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical Scrolling
Maybe I'm missing something that's staring me in the face.

I use mainly chordpro files and instead of using my foot pedal to turn pages I'd like to just scroll down say half a page at a time each time I press the foot pedal.

I don't particularly want automatic scrolling, just a simple manual scrolling

I have searched through the manual and the forums and have seen reference to setting "vertical scrolling mode" which seems to be what I want but I cannot find a setting for that anywhere. Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Try; select song>overlay mode>the 3rd icon on the left bottom>select display mode. Then select the circle/triangle icon lower left and set the scroll settings.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(07-21-2016, 01:45 AM)Skip Wrote: Try; select song>overlay mode>the 3rd icon on the left bottom>select display mode. Then select the circle/triangle icon lower left and set the scroll settings.

Hi

Thanks for the reply but all I see there is a dialog box called Automatic Scroll Settings. What I want is to scroll manually using a foot pedal to move down the page. 

If I set the auto scroll it seems to move the page up slightly and then switches to the next page rather than present the whole of the underlying text file as a single page which can then scroll smoothly. I'm obviously missing something here - maybe a brain cell Smile

Any other advice gratefully received.
rik - are you using MobileSheetsPro (blue icon) or the original MobileSheets (green icon)? I just want to verify before answering further.
(07-21-2016, 08:17 AM)Zuberman Wrote: rik - are you using MobileSheetsPro (blue icon) or the original MobileSheets (green icon)?  I just want to verify before answering further.

Hi, I'm using MobileshetsPro.
In the settings, have you configured the pedal to perform a half page up / down?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(07-21-2016, 10:28 PM)sciurius Wrote: In the settings, have you configured the pedal to perform a half page up / down?

Hi, there doesn't seem to be a pedal setting for half page up/down.

The song files currently display over one, two or three pages depending on the length of the song. I would have expected to find a setting somewhere that displays the song file as a single scrollable page. These are chordpro (i.e.text) files not PDFs.

I sometimes use the GuitarTapp app which display songs exactly like that so I'm confused that I can't discover a MobilesheetsPro setting for the same thing.

Cheers.

Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Assuming you are already in the vertical scrolling display mode, I think what you will want is the "Scroll Down ot Turn Page if at Bottom" pedal action. Select that for your pedal under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions and then change the Scroll Amount to 50% at the top of the screen (or whatever amount you want per pedal press). You can also control the scroll speed. Let me know if this gets you the behavior you are looking for.

EDIT:
Looks like Johan beat me to the punch
(07-22-2016, 03:32 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Assuming you are already in the vertical scrolling display mode, I think what you will want is the "Scroll Down ot Turn Page if at Bottom" pedal action.  Select that for your pedal under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions and then change the Scroll Amount to 50% at the top of the screen (or whatever amount you want per pedal press). You can also control the scroll speed.  Let me know if this gets you the behavior you are looking for.

EDIT:
Looks like Johan beat me to the punch

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience but as I said in my original post 'I have searched through the manual and the forums and have seen reference to setting "vertical scrolling mode" which seems to be what I want but I cannot find a setting for that anywhere.' so I can't get past first base Sad

If you can tell me how to set vertical scrolling display mode I'm sure I can work out the ped settings.

Thanks
If you are in view mode for a song with the overlay on you have five Icons in the Bottom Left. The fourth from the left gives you the different view and scroll modes.

IT'S on pages 64 and 65 in the manual, btw.
(07-21-2016, 06:26 AM)rik Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 01:45 AM)Skip Wrote: Try; select song>overlay mode>the 3rd icon on the left bottom>select display mode. Then select the circle/triangle icon lower left and set the scroll settings.

Hi

Thanks for the reply but all I see there is a dialog box called Automatic Scroll Settings. What I want is to scroll manually using a foot pedal to move down the page. 

If I set the auto scroll it seems to move the page up slightly and then switches to the next page rather than present the whole of the underlying text file as a single page which can then scroll smoothly. I'm obviously missing something here - maybe a brain cell Smile

Any other advice gratefully received.

The icon will be:1- an oblong square with 3 lines inside, 2- an oblong square divided in half with 2 lines in each half, or 3 two 'U' shaped figures [one is upside down] with 2 lines in each U, depending on which display mode is in use. It will be either the 3rd or fourth icon from the left on the bottom left.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(07-22-2016, 04:36 AM)BRX Wrote: If you are in view mode for a song with the overlay on you have five Icons in the Bottom Left. The fourth from the left gives you the different view and scroll modes.

IT'S on pages 64 and 65 in the manual, btw.

That's it. Many thanks.

I couldn't find it in the manual because unless I had read every page I would have had to know that the setting was detailed under the heading of The Song Overlay. What I mean is Vertical Scroll Mode does not appear anywhere in the contents list of the manual.

Anyway all sorted now. Many thanks to all who responded.