• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page partial rotation
Thanks, Graeme and Steve.

I actually took Graeme's suggestion that an app might do the trick and google-oogled the question until I got Acrobat as a possible solution. Lo and behold, I actually own Acrobat X Pro. Stupido moi.
There is no manual deskew function in Acrobat. Deskew is one of the automated options you can choose as part of the Document Processing function.

Well, after some trial and error, I can say that it works. Sometimes. Or rather, sometimes the results are close to perfect, sometimes the end result is no better than the original at all. It's better than nothing, but as I said, the results are hit and miss. Why it works sometimes with some .pdfs and not at all on others is beyond me. I thought it might have something to do with schmutz on the page built up from bad copies, so I first cleaned it up in Photoshop, then created a "cleaner" .pdf and tried again. No luck. Strange, but having to clean a .pdf before deskewing is so time intensive that it negates the possibility of that being an option. Not that it helped.

It's now clear to me than an automated deskew function is only partially okay.
A function to deskew in percent is really what's needed.

I guess we're back to pleading with Mike ;-)

Messages In This Thread
Page partial rotation - by Alan Evans - 08-14-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by Zubersoft - 08-14-2016, 02:27 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by Alan Evans - 08-14-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by GraemeJ - 08-14-2016, 03:57 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by Steve B. - 08-16-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by Alan Evans - 08-16-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by Skip - 08-16-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: Page partial rotation - by GraemeJ - 08-16-2016, 01:29 PM