• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobilesheets or Forscore
Wink 
I'm about to purchase my first tablet. I'm going to use it for storing music and at the piano as an accompanist. Which way should I go: Android with Mobilesheets or iPad with ForScore. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Hello,

It really depends what your goals are, and how much you want to spend.  In a lot of ways, it's really more about what platform/operating system you prefer: iOS or Android. I don't like the tightly controlled model that Apple uses, and Android works best for me as a user. You will have way more options with Android devices (tablets anywhere from 7" to 24"), and in many cases, it will be cheaper. There are a lot of factors in comparing iOS versus Android.

I have big plans for MobileSheets this year. I'm hoping to close the gap on features and provide some unique capabilities to set MobileSheets apart. I really want to take advantage of the larger Android displays that are coming out, as I think viewing scores on a 13" or larger tablet is definitely the way to go.

Hopefully that helps a little with the choice you have to make. If you choose Android, rest assured that I will be constantly improving the app.

Mike
You can't beat MobileSheets. Mike, the Zuber guy, is amazingly responsive to any problems that may arise and is always adding nice new features.
You can't go wrong with either. Mobilesheets might have the "new guy" rep, but as jagny42 mentions, Mike is amazing with updates and troubleshooting.
Video 
I wish there's a piano keyboard included in this application, in this way we can easily review our music sheet/score, don't need to switch application when reviewing..Big Grin
That's definitely on my list of things to do, but it's going to be awhile until I can start working on it.
(05-19-2013, 10:32 AM)erreipreibob Wrote: I wish there's a piano keyboard included in this application, in this way we can easily review our music sheet/score, don't need to switch application when reviewing..Big Grin

(05-20-2013, 04:10 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That's definitely on my list of things to do, but it's going to be awhile until I can start working on it.

This was in 2013, and still not done....
It hasn't been a higher priority than other features. I don't get that many requests for an on screen piano keyboard compared to other things. As a single developer, I have to pick and choose which things to work on based upon what is going to provide the most benefit to the majority of users. Just because I haven't added something doesn't mean it isn't still on my list. My bug tracking system has hundreds of enhancement requests that I'm tracking from users.  It's not easy having to decide which of those to work on when each user's request is the most important thing to them.  I'm doing the best I can with the time I have and I appreciate people being patient while I find the right time to add their requested functionality. Some features are much more complicated and time consuming to implement than others. I don't have a clear game plan for how I'm going to implement the piano keyboard, and in the absence of an open source library to help with that, I'm going to have to spend a fair amount of time figuring out exactly how I want to design it.

Mike
Out of curiousity, why is a piano keyboard needed for reviewing? To play and hear them without instrument?
(09-07-2018, 08:51 PM)BRX Wrote: Out of curiousity, why is a piano keyboard needed for reviewing? To play and hear them without instrument?

For a choir conductor the piano is a must, and its not allways possible to bring a real piano. On outdoor conserts, bar giggs and so on.
Im going to replace my pad and could choose cheaper things than Ipad pro (12,9"). The Forscore app has a piano, but runs only on Ios.
With Mobilesheet i would get away with a third of the price.
So to play notes to the choir for tuning and learning?
Android has side-by-side windowing now.  (They didn't back in 2013, I don't think).  So why not run a separate piano app?