• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Toolbox missing?
I've been there. I've been searching as frantically as you. Smile

Mike, that's one of the rare things that's not obvious and intuitive at all. I forgot about it until it came up here again. But there should be a more obvious way to restore a minimized box.

I think it should maximise again if you tap the icon in the toolbox. If it's already supposed to do that than there's a bug since it doesn't work that way at least on my tablet and the OP's.
I used to do that and got complaints that there was no way to keep that box hidden. If the minimize/close icon is tapped at the top right of the window, the window will be displayed again when the tool is switched to. The only time the tool window doesn't come back is if you disable the setting in that dropdown menu in the top left. I don't really see any problem with that - in order to get into a situation where the window doesn't come back, the user would have had to toggle that setting, so hopefully they realize what they've done.
You're right. That works and is good to know.

But I had the same difficulties like pax_eterna because I wasn't considering switching away from the "pencil icon" and back to maximize. I stubbornly stayed in the pencil mode and finally found the way back with the menu top left.

I also don't understand why there were complaints that the box doesn't remain hidden if a second tap maximizes a hidden box. Don't see it.

So I think it's not very intuitive as it is now. But if pax_eterna and myself are the only ones who encountered that problem please don't bother with a change. We now know how it is done. :-)
(09-13-2016, 02:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I used to do that and got complaints that there was no way to keep that box hidden.  If the minimize/close icon is tapped at the top right of the window, the window will be displayed again when the tool is switched to. The only time the tool window doesn't come back is if you disable the setting in that dropdown menu in the top left.  I don't really see any problem with that - in order to get into a situation where the window doesn't come back, the user would have had to toggle that setting, so hopefully they realize what they've done.

TBH, I don't think it needs changing...I SHOULD have noticed it in the first place haha!