• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musicnotes import?
Is it possible to import my music from the Musicnotes app (from Musicnotes.com) on my tablet? Or do I have to print and then scan and import?

Thanks!

Lori
You will need to have a pdf or image file in order to import into MobileSheets. Does Musicnotes.com give you access to pdfs or other files? If not, you will probably have to print, scan, and import.
Or use something like CutePDF to print straight to a PDF file. There are various pieces of software that install as a printer which do the same thing.
Thank you both. I have searched for something that will turn an mtd file into a pdf, but can't come up with anything. I guess I will just have to print the music right when I buy it and scan it in as a pdf. I know that when I chose print this last time, I could save it as a pdf, but that doesn't work for older files that are already stored on my computer.
I think you have misunderstood cdawe55's advice. You do not need to find something which will convert file types. You need to install something like "cutepdf" or "pdflite". Once installed these will appear in your list of printers. Get the piece of music visible on your PC screen, print it and then chose pdflite (or other) from the drop down list of printers. Then chose a file name and location and you're done.

You can also save to pdf direct from the Google Chrome browser. I have just saved a music sample from the Musicnotes website direct to my desktop as a pdf from Chrome with just a few clicks..
(04-27-2013, 08:29 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You will need to have a pdf or image file in order to import into MobileSheets. Does Musicnotes.com give you access to pdfs or other files? If not, you will probably have to print, scan, and import.

Simplest approach is when printing the image, print directly to a PDF file. There are several sources of 'print to PDF software', Paper port is a paid product and some are 'free'...

Good luck.
(05-10-2013, 04:22 PM)Ringo Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 08:29 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You will need to have a pdf or image file in order to import into MobileSheets. Does Musicnotes.com give you access to pdfs or other files? If not, you will probably have to print, scan, and import.

Simplest approach is when printing the image, print directly to a PDF file. There are several sources of 'print to PDF software', Paper port is a paid product and some are 'free'...

Good luck.
A free program I've used is Nitro Reader (http://www.nitroreader.com/). This program includes a printer driver that lets you "print" a PDF file from virtually any program. You just select the Nitro Printer, choose a paper size, and print; it will present a "Save as" prompt where you can specify the path and filename. One feature I particularly like is that I can create custom paper sizes. I use a 7"x10.5" size to more closely match the aspect ratio of my tablet, so I don't have unnecessary borders when I view the songs on MobileSheets.
hi guys fairly new here, about to get my pad next week, whats the quickest and easiest way to import all my sheet music into mobile sheets,i'm sorry if this question has been answered, the answer is probably here on the forum somewhere, i will download Mobile sheets directly i get the pad, many thanks
(12-05-2013, 02:19 AM)art Wrote: whats the quickest and easiest way to import all my sheet music into mobile sheets

That rather depends in which format your music is currently stored?

If it's paper, then you have little option but to scan each into a PDF or JPEG file and then import these files into MS (use the Companion, simplifies the process a little).

If they are in electronic form, but not PDF/JPEG, then you will need to convert to one of those formats, using the techniques described above.

If they already in PDF/JPEG, then all the hard work has been done and you only need to import them directly.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(12-05-2013, 03:40 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 02:19 AM)art Wrote: whats the quickest and easiest way to import all my sheet music into mobile sheets

That rather depends in which format your music is currently stored?

If it's paper, then you have little option but to scan each into a PDF or JPEG file and then import these files into MS (use the Companion, simplifies the process a little).

If they are in electronic form, but not PDF/JPEG, then you will need to convert to one of those formats, using the techniques described above.

If they already in PDF/JPEG, then all the hard work has been done and you only need to import them directly.
thanks for that,most of the music is paper so pdf i guess, keep me busy, i
(12-05-2013, 03:59 AM)art Wrote: ....most of the music is paper so pdf i guess, keep me busy

It has to be the worst part of moving to this sort of storage and display. It took me quite a while to convert all my stuff and I have to confess it becomes a bit of a chore after the first couple of days.

However, the end result does make it all worthwhile and you end up with a nice glowing feeling inside - especially when other people realise what an advantage you have.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(04-27-2013, 02:01 AM)supernaw Wrote: Is it possible to import my music from the Musicnotes app (from Musicnotes.com) on my tablet?  Or do I have to print and then scan and import?

Thanks!

Lori

Hi, Supernaw
As I can see, people give you some advice but I wanted to add that if you need to divide one PDF file with your music into several ones, you should try the tool here https://www.altosplitpdf.com/. It will help you manage your files.