• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two songs on one page
I have a question. I use Mobilesheets primarily in our church's worship service. There are times when we combine two songs into one. For instance, we may sing a particular song, but end it by singing the chorus of a different song. Using Songbook, I was able to put the last chorus at the end of the first song, placing the title above it with the title command. It would display in bold, just as the title of the first song is displayed at the top of the page. Trying the same trick in Mobilesheets places the title of the second song directly under the title of the first song.

Is there any way to get the same result in Mobilesheets as I do in Songbook?
Maybe combine the two songs into one (two entries on the files tab) and crop away what you don't want to see?
I currently process titles and subtitles differently than other commands. Instead of just displaying the title at the particular point in the file when it's encountered, I ensure that the title is positioned at the top with subtitles below it. It wouldn't be too difficult for me to change this behavior for any title after the first, so I'll work on changing that. If users would also prefer that I don't force the first title at the top, I can change the processing to just process the title command when it's encountered and forget any special formatting.
I also get this question once in a while on the ChordPro lists.
Using {title} for this purpose should be considered a bad idea, since it is defined to indicate the start of a new song, including skipping to a new page when printing. OTOH, MSPro is not a printing tool so yes, you may wish to render additional {title} directives as comments that look like title lines. I'm just very afraid that people will start using semantic directives for layout purposes, and the history of HTML has shown the disasters that may lie ahead.
Nevertheless I'd emphasize that every song alsways should start with a {title}.

The answer I usually give to this question is to use a {comment} instead of an additional title. Many people underestimate (or overlook) what you can do with comments.
ChordPro defines 3 styles of comments: "comment", "comment_italic" and "comment_box". In MSPro these appear as plain text, italic text and highlighted text, respectively. MSPro also supports "highlight" for highlighted text.
Now if it were only possible to define display settings (font, size, style) for all three comment styles...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I'll get around to supporting that at some point Smile