• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice about how to deal with repeats when using a pedal
(09-16-2016, 11:25 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: I am a piano/keyboard player too.  The way described above may be the best, though it takes some time up front.

If have not done that (mostly because I have gotten used to the method below before I used MS, with all it features)

Instead, I just make sure the pedal is set so that it stops at the beginning and end of the of the song (even if it is in a setlist) and no de-bounce.

If I have to go to the beginning of a large song, I hold the pedal down (I use the billipro) to get there.  Same thing if I have to get to the end.

If I have to back or front one or two pages, I hit the pedal once or twice.

Sometimes I might need to go from the last page of a long song to the 2nd or 3rd.  I would hold the pedal enough to get to the first page then go 1 or 2 forward.

But, this can be a little tricky.  And would probably not be doable for a sheet that is much more than 8 pages.  But, it is another option.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, but I want to avoid trusting my pedal choreography to get me back and forth ;-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice about how to deal with repeats when using a pedal - by Alan Evans - 09-17-2016, 02:51 AM