• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Connect to Companion
Now it won't connect.  I get error message.

Everything had been working perfectly.  I wonder if the latest change in the Companion did something.

I have not added any firewall or made any changes on my end (a far as I know).

I just restarted the router and will try again.

Jeff
Hmm, sounds like the same thing I reported here - http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3606
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I can revert the changes then, as they obviously haven't helped those with connection issues. I have no idea why it wouldn't work for you guys though...
Re-booting the router seems to have fixed it.

Sorry for the false alarm (and thank you for the quick response).

Jeff
But, now it is not connecting on my other tablet. Maybe it changed the default IP address?
Try turning wifi off and then back on for that tablet. If that doesn't fix it (and you weren't having problems before), I'll just push out an update that reverts the changes.
Interesting. This time it did not connect because the tablet tried to use a different wifi network. I have no idea why it did that.

So, I reverted back to the correct wifi network, re-started the router and it worked.

I have no idea what role, if any, MS or the Companion might have had. But, I don't recall it happening before. (On the other hand, I would not discount user error on my part).

So, now it worked. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on.Smile

Jeff
I've re-booted the router - even changed it for another - switched the tablets off and on again and also turned off the wi-fi and on again, re-booted the PC, checked the IP address is correct and it still doesn't connect for me.

Whilst I have resigned myself to a manual connection (for some un-resolved reason) I've always been able to connect. I have never been unable to back-up to the PC and it's a bit of a concern for me. I have a back-up on the tablets, but that's hardly what I would call a solution.

Whatever it is, has to be related to either the latest upgrades for MSP and Companion. My money is on the latter, but that's purely a hunch.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon