• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MSPro to catalog physical song albums
I'm fairly new to MSPro and have been very impressed by how easy it is to import all my songs. I've mainly constructed CSV files for existing PDF albums and this has worked well.

A also have a lot of physical albums for which I have scanned the indexes and generated CSV files from them with titles, page numbers etc, and I'd like to be able to somehow reference these from within MSPro without having scanned any of the actual song pages. The idea being that I can easily find *any* song that I have, even if it's only in a printed album. In such a case I could then go ahead and scan just that song, thus gradually building up the library with songs that I actually need.

One idea I had was to generate ChordPro files from my index CSVs (one file for each title), so that they show up when I do a search. But I wondered if there could be an easier way to achieve this? Perhaps by allowing the import of such an 'index-only' text file which could be included in the search when looking for a song?

Great product!

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Using MSPro to catalog physical song albums - by IGNOTRON - 10-09-2016, 11:16 PM