• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move Library to external SD Card
I am using a 13 Inch Odys Aeon tablet running on Android Kitkat 4.4. Up until now I have used the internal storage to store my Music collection.
Could someone please explain how I can permanantly move the database to an external SD Card? I have been reading a number of Topics on the subject but I am a Little confused as to the various steps involved. Thank you!
The safest way to do this is to open MobileSheetsPro, go to Settings->Storage and tap "Set MobileSheets Storage Location". Then tap on the SD card icon to have MS Pro try to locate the correct path on the external SD card. It should be something like /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. Assuming it picked the right location (and you don't have to manually create that path), tap OK to continue and MobileSheetsPro will move your entire library to the external SD card. That's all there is to it. If you want to also store the database file on the external SD card, checkthe "Expose Database" option.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I tried that in the meantime. I created the appropriate folder on the external cardy, set the new storage location and MSPro started moving the files to the new location. However it only copied a few files and the process stopped after a few seconds with the following error message: "Failed to update database. You may need to fully close the app and restart". I tried that a couple of times but receive the same error message each time I select the new storage location. What can I do to stop this from happening and move the complete set of files? Thank you!

Kai
Kai,

When you received that error, did you have Expose Database enabled or disabled? If you had it enabled, try changing the storage location with that setting disabled. The files could then be moved and then you can change the expose database setting after. If you receive that error in either case, that means there truly is some kind of error in the database that is preventing the file paths from being properly updated after the files are moved. It's possible there could be some partial corruption in the database or that some of the file paths that are being used are invalid. I can take a look at your database file if you want. Just turn on the expose database settting option and then email me the mobilesheets.db file which will be stored in your selected storage location.
I have a similar problem. I want to move my library to an external SD card,. because it is getting too big to sit in internal storage. I can do the usual things to move it, but after I have done so none of the audio tracks will play in Mobilesheets. If I use another app to find the audio files on the SD card, they are there and they play OK. If I reverse the procedure and move them all back again, Mobilesheets will play them as before. I am using an ASUS P00C 7" tablet, with Android 6.0. I have tried re-installing Mobilesheets, restoring the library from backups - and everything else I can think of - no result.
Is this still a problem with the latest version?