• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automatic vertical scrolling in Setlists does not stop...
Shocked 
Hi Mike, Hi MobileSheets team,

today I faced a problem with the vertical scrolling feature in MobileSheets Pro 1.6.3 (on Lifetab_S1034X, Android OS SDK v19).
Scrolling starts normally and everything looks nice. But the scrolling does not stop at the end of a song, when called from a setlist (both in performance mode or not).
The first page of the next song scrolls up (is visible) and what is more disturbing: the keyboard switches to the sound of the next song when this new song reaches the middle of the display(tablet sends Midi commands with MobileSheets Pro). Is this a bug or is there a possibility to controll the settings to stop scrolling at the end of a song, even if it is a part of a setlist.
It seems that the scrolling stops at the end of the first page of the next song with the scrolling settings of the song before. When I restart scrolling again, the scrolling settings of the current song are used (which is OK ).

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Mathew
Hello Matthew,

I can certainly change the behavior so that instead of stopping on the first page of the next song, it stops when the last page of the current song is fully visible. This is a significant behavior change though, so hopefully some other users can chime in to indicate if this would be a problem. If it is, I'd have to make this behavior configurable.

Mike
Hi Mike,
thanks a lot for your answer. Yes I hope others chime in to tell their view on this  Dodgy .

In your (nice) documentation of Mobilesheets Pro I can read:

"The scrolling will also automatically stop when a new song is reached in a setlist, so there is no
 danger of it scrolling too far after a song is finished.... "

This is why I thought it would be a bug Cool . In the meantime I found other user posts / bugreports, who would like to
change that behaviour (see bugzilla bug 233).

If I have 30 or 50 songs on my setlist, the best point to re-syncronise the automatic scrolling with the life music is the end of a song,
as both hands are free then (simply stop and restart scrolling for each song when the band starts).
The switching of the sound on my keyboard is a wonderfull feature but together with this behaviour it may lead to a totally wrong sound
while still playing the old song Sad .

What could be the best stopping point? Either when the last page of the current song is fully visible (as you mentioned), or when even halve
of the old and halve of the new song is visible. But it should stop before the sound is automatically switched.....

Thanks for all.

Best regards
Matthew (Matthias)
It seem to me this is going to require some REALLY careful planning to coordinate all the auto scroll combinations with display mode selection, scroll settings, autoload next song in library settings, and the tabs [and maybe some other factors, audio and midi come to mind].
I usually use vertical scroll with scroll continously to end, loading one song at a time, no auto load next song, audio started manually when wanted and everything works fine with setlists and the other tabs. Other combinations, ??????????????.

Edit: I did try switching to setlist, load all, and it did scroll continously from song to song with the above settings. That's probably one of the reasons I load one at a time. And the autoload next song did not work with the same settings.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I never really understood what was so great about scrolling - you couldn't do it with paper, why would you want to on a tablet?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Hi Skip,
I've checked right now: the behaviour is the same if the "auto load next song"  option is true or false. Thanks Skip for that idea. The cleanest solution for me would be to automatic scroll only to the end of a song. Every song has it's own setting (not only scrolling settings), thus all other end points are a mixture of old/new settings with visible parts of old/new song on the display ....  

Hi GraemeJ,
I already have two foot controllers, one sustain pedal and one foot switch. With only two feet, it is not easy to find a time and foot to additional control a bluetooth controllers to switch the page. Playing only one song works fine with automatic vertical scrolling over several pages. I would simply like to have this comfort when playing a songlist.....

Best regards
Matthias 
(11-06-2016, 03:15 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: I never really understood what was so great about scrolling - you couldn't do it with paper, why would you want to on a tablet?

I don't have to remember to turn pages on multipage songs, like one really long sheet of paper. It's enough of a challenge just playing.  Angel

[Memorize, lolololo, not when you're a senior who has trouble remembering names, places and words!]
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I've changed the behavior to stop on the last page of the current song. It will be included with the next update which I'm hoping to release tomorrow.

Mike
(11-06-2016, 08:51 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've changed the behavior to stop on the last page of the current song. It will be included with the next update which I'm hoping to release tomorrow.

Mike

Whow, thanks Mike Wink . I really appreciate your hard work and perfect user support for that application.
And sorry for my bad english and my tenacity, (trying to convince you to change this... the really big gig is next week...) Blush

I started this thread for MobileSheets Pro, ... now it seems to be here in the threads for MobileSheets?!? I do not know why...

Best regards
Matthew (Matthias)
(11-06-2016, 05:42 AM)Skip Wrote:
(11-06-2016, 03:15 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: I never really understood what was so great about scrolling - you couldn't do it with paper, why would you want to on a tablet?

I don't have to remember to turn pages on multipage songs, like one really long sheet of paper. It's enough of a challenge just playing.  Angel

[Memorize, lolololo, not when you're a senior who has trouble remembering names, places and words!]

... and if all your hands and feets are buisy, I would need an extra person to turn the page (often the case if you do it with paper)....
Or I tell the band to stop here.... we can resume the music after if turned the page.... Big Grin

Matthew