• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering, suggestion
Mike,

as far as I know the library's floating toolbar is the only "place" where the filter fields can be toggled off/on.
I prefer to always hide the floating toolbar but that makes the use of filters tedious. First go to settings, show floating toolbar, and then hit the icon on the floating toolbar to see the filter fields. And reverse when the fields should make room for the list of songs again.
A filter switch in the blue menu would be cool! Similar to the airplane mode switch in an e-reader or smartphone. When set to "On" the filter area is shown; two modes for "Off" (in both cases the filter area is not shown): greyish switch when no filters are activated, different color (orange?) when filters are active.
In this context: filters are released whenever a song is opened, which I think is too soon. Any chance to keep the filter selection longer, perhaps until you either clear it with the x icon, or upon closing MSP?

Thanks!
Ben
Similar problem with the select all icon. Is there an easy way to select all without reactivating the hidden floating toolbar through the settings I'm not seeing? If not I'd really like an additional select all / deselect all in the menu.
If the menu gets too crowded (though I still think Import could be moved into the drop down menu), perhaps add an icon to the menu that toggles the FTB on and off?
The filters should be persisted when a song is loaded by default. There is a toggle for this under Settings->Library Settings->Clear Filter after Load

I'm certainly going to look into adding an easier way to toggle the filters off when the floating toolbar is not shown (wasn't there already a forum post for this?). Likewise, I can add items for select none/select all to the overflow menu if the floating toolbar is not shown. I still disagree that import should be moved into the overflow menu though as I believe it's used much more often than the toggle for filters. I also think it's helpful for new users to see that import at the top of the screen when the app first loads so they know where to go to import their files.

Mike
(11-18-2016, 08:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I still disagree that import should be moved into the overflow menu though as I believe it's used much more often than the toggle for filters.

I have never used import. I do toggle filters.

I think import would be used when first setting up a library when you have a large number of songs to be added. After that, hardly ever.

Filters are something that are used regularly even when there are no new songs being added.

Just my 2p

Andy
I agree, too. While I do use import now and then filters are needed much more often (as is selecting all)for maintaining the library. Also I think even newbies would find the import function in the overflow. If you're worried about first time users you can always include a little how to start tut for the first start and when the library is empty.

I also agree with itsme that the completed setlists should be exempt from filters. Filters are needed for setting them up, but after that they are usually fixed and no filters are needed. On the contrary filters might be confusing if a song is missing because of a filter.
Perhaps, 'If main library = 1, then import is in overflow' [automatic switch] type of instruction?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(11-18-2016, 09:24 PM)AndyL Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 08:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I still disagree that import should be moved into the overflow menu though as I believe it's used much more often than the toggle for filters.

I have never used import. I do toggle filters.

I think import would be used when first setting up a library when you have a large number of songs to be added. After that, hardly ever.

Filters are something that are used regularly even when there are no new songs being added.

Just my 2p

Andy

Just a different use case but I'm using import all the time. Virtually every week. Granted that much of that is due to switching to chordPro files so as songs come up that haven't been converted I'm adding the chordPro version. Over time it may be less frequently than every week but I seem to always be adding new songs for some band I play with. I don't see import ever becoming "hardly ever" for me.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4