• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tips (literally) for erasing with highlight tool
Are there some gizmos (I've heard of folks using sausages for some touch screen work!) that can be used for finer control when erasing stuff from a score?  I am "fat-fingering" the erasure close to things I want to keep.  Thanks.
You mean stylus: https://www.google.com/search?q=tablet+s...8&oe=utf-8

They work better on some tablets than others. . .
(01-19-2017, 04:42 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: You mean stylus:  https://www.google.com/search?q=tablet+s...8&oe=utf-8

They  work better on some tablets than others. . .

Thanks!

Any experience with specific ones?  How fine do they "write" (erase in my case) and how long they last?  Lots and lots of choices I see, just trying to short-circuit the search for the "write" one!
For this purpose I bought a Samsung Note with dedicated (built-in) stylus.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
This may be an area where there is a meaningful difference between some high end tablets and low end tablet (like the ones I use). On the Hannspree, the stylus works and I use it (probably better than my finger), but it is far from precise.
A generic stylus (with a soft, round top) emulates a (small) finger, so you get better precision than with your actual fingers.
The Samsun Galaxy Note (a.o.) has a 'real' stylus, with precision up to the pixel.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
So is it the case that for say non-Note 2 tablets with the "real" stylus that the tablet is what controls the reading of the finger or stylus tip, or does actual tip size matter? I borrowed a stylus from my son and tried doing some fine work by enlarging the score image, but still could see a somewhat perfect circle was being produced when it hit the tablet. Maybe it's a fixed size and it's just the center point that is what can be controlled?

(Also -- I have issues when I try to enlarge the image to work with the highlight tool -- I don't seem to be able to do anything to position the enlarged part of the score, and depending on where I start, it might just scroll to the bottom of the page and not really enlarge when I click to open the tools. Any ideas on how to work that?)
The tablets with a real stylus (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Note) have a capacitive touch screen PLUS a digitizer. The finger (and a generic stylus) controls the touch screen. The real stylus controls the digitizer. See e.g. https://www.gettingthingstech.com/active...re-tablet/
Johan