• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going from MobileSheets to ForScore?
I don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of forScore, but I do know they have a batch import type capability. You should be able to take all of the files and folders in the MobileSheetsPro storage location, and import those all in one shot to recreate the library. Unfortunately, you'll lose all the metadata and annotations doing this. If you wanted to keep those annotations in a permanent fashion, one things you could do is long press a song on the library screen to start the selection mode, then tap the select all button at the bottom right in the floating toolbar, then tap Share->Export Files. You could export all of the files in your entire library to one directory. All annotations can be written out while doing this, and then you would have one folder with everything you need for importing into forScore. That process may take a very long time if you have a large library with many annotations. Also note that if you use the custom page order a lot, you'll have to decide if you want to write out files containing only the page range you specified, or if you want it to write out the entire file (in which case you'll have to adjust the page range in forScore after you import there).

forScore is really great because they've expressed the desire for having interopability between other applications, as they recognize their users may want to use several apps or apps on other platforms. I've submitted a request to forScore here https://forscore.co/developers/ so that I can get documentation on how to support their file formats (and potentially vice versa). This may make it easier for you to use both your devices in the near future.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Going from MobileSheets to ForScore? - by Zubersoft - 12-20-2016, 05:06 AM