• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to generate song list, Share files
I've been working with the Win10 version most of the day now. Despite a number of crashes, I was able to put together a setlist of about 45 songs, which I would typically then export as a song list for the entire band, and send all the charts out to the musicians as one big pdf.

Attempting to share the file as one big pdf (when the setlist was highlighted) always crashed. Reboots didn't help.

When attempting to generate a song list from the setlist, I could click it and it wouldn't crash, but it would immediately simply return to the setlists page without any prompts or further actions. A search for the file didn't yield anything either.

For now I re-entered the songs into the Android version under DuOS to complete these tasks and get the material out to the band. It's good to have that as a backup while some of the last bugs are being worked out.
There is one bug that I've fixed that causes a crash if you enter/exit the group editor screen multiple times, so you've probably encountered that.

I'll check out the issues with the sharing and generating song list. I've already tested sharing and generating one single PDF, so I know it works, but if you are encountering a crash, there must be a condition I haven't tested.

Thanks,
Mike
I just tested exporting a setlist with 30 songs and didn't encounter any issues. I did Share->Export files, and selected a folder I created, which had a path of C:\Test. On the export files dialog, I checked every option except "Export Audio Files". Did you do anything different from what I just described?

I also tried Share->Export song list, which generated a new .mss file that seems correct. Were you using this, or did you tap the overflow menu and select the Generate Song List option there? That is supposed to open the share charm to share text, but it doesn't appear to be working. I'll get that fixed.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-26-2016, 05:10 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I just tested exporting a setlist with 30 songs and didn't encounter any issues. I did Share->Export files, and selected a folder I created, which had a path of C:\Test.  On the export files dialog, I checked every option except "Export Audio Files". Did you do anything different from what I just described?

I also tried Share->Export song list, which generated a new .mss file that seems correct.  Were you using this, or did you tap the overflow menu and select the Generate Song List option there? That is supposed to open the share charm to share text, but it doesn't appear to be working. I'll get that fixed.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,

I just tried it again today and it worked great. Thank you! The only thing that I still see missing is song name bookmarks being generated for the pdf as I believe we discussed some time ago. This would still be a very welcome feature as it's difficult for the musicians to navigate a 50 song pdf without bookmarks.

cheers!

Carlin
(12-26-2016, 05:10 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I just tested exporting a setlist with 30 songs and didn't encounter any issues. I did Share->Export files, and selected a folder I created, which had a path of C:\Test.  On the export files dialog, I checked every option except "Export Audio Files". Did you do anything different from what I just described?

I also tried Share->Export song list, which generated a new .mss file that seems correct.  Were you using this, or did you tap the overflow menu and select the Generate Song List option there? That is supposed to open the share charm to share text, but it doesn't appear to be working. I'll get that fixed.

Thanks,
Mike

Regarding generating a song list or setlist, I still haven't found a way to export a .txt or .doc file. This may still be something you're completing. Otherwise could you point me in the right direction as to what I should be selecting to generate this file? Thank You.