• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting
How do you delete some of the genres?
How do you delete some songs in a genre?
Holding on a song or genre does not show trash as Android does.

Is it possible to delete some of the keys from the key list? (Otherwise I might have to use a custom for a small list of them.)

Also is it possible to only show some of the fields of the filter? I do not need to show 'difficulty' for instance. (I cannot remember if this is possible).

Thanks

SP4, without keyboard nor mouse
It would be great to have the option "Delete Song Pdf/Image/Text Files" also when a song is deleted from a Collection or another group.
Maybe three options are required: delete from Collection (Group) / delete from Library / delete file
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

...and maybe enable delete buton (on physical keyboards) to delete song after it's selected?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Bumblebee - If I go to the Genres tab and I long press a genre, it is selected and the action bar changes what options are shown. The fourth option shown is "Delete" which deletes the genre, just like on Android. Are you seeing different behavior? If you use a mouse, you have to right click to select as long pressing doesn't work with a mouse in Windows 10.

Itsme - If you selected the "Remove" option in the action bar, it removes it from the collection. If you tap the overflow and select "Delete Song From Library" it shows the confirmation dialog with the "Delete Song Pdf/Image/Text Files" option. I wouldn't want to couple deleting a song with just removing it from the group (there was a long discussion about this and people said they didn't want to be able to easily delete from the other tabs).

NeoCZ - I can look into adding a handler for the delete key at some point.

Mike
When I hold on it (finger) sometimes I see it in italics, but unlike Android, the action bar does not change.
Is there a setting?
No, a long press should just start the selection mode. It's very strange that it's not working for you. You are using a surface pro 4, correct?
(01-01-2017, 04:14 AM)Zuberman Wrote: No, a long press should just start the selection mode. It's very strange that it's not working for you. You are using a surface pro 4, correct?

Yes.
Perhaps give me the exact instructions to do it, I might be doing it incorrectly. I've never needed to think about it for Android, so do the same actions, but it might be different.
I'm not worried as I'm not really using it yet, can try mouse, keyboard etc. or just import Android backup. I only have a few hundred songs in to test the overall functioning at this stage.
On my Surface Pro 4, if I press my finger down on an entry in the list and leave it there for a second, it switches into selection mode and checkboxes are shown next to all the entries.
I tap Genres, hold finger down on a genre (song name in a Collection) name and it selects, but no checkboxes. I Edit Genres and it selects (italic) but no checkboxes.
I reset settings, same problem.
I deleted app, same problem after reinstalling with no songs.

All updates done on SP4, so Windows and MS up-to-date.
I can send a video although it is uneventful.
Using keyboard and mouse is ok so that works.

Does anyone else with an SP4 have this problem or is it my end?
Is there anything in Windows settings to check?
What else in MS has this action so I can try it there?

Thanks.
I'm honestly at a loss as to what can be going on. You could make a video, but I imagine it would just show me that you're long pressing on the list and nothing is happening (especially if you can get it to work using a mouse). I listen for a very simple event called a holding event that is used for long press detection in various places in the application. You could see if the long press detection works to trigger the overlay when the Overlay Toggle Mode is set to "Long Press". You could try long pressing a file on the files tab when editing a song - you should see a popup message at the bottom right showing the full path of the file.

There must be a setting somewhere that is causing the long press not to work. If you go to cortana and search for "Pen and Touch", and then look at the Touch tab, do you have "Press and hold" set to "Right-click"? If you look at the settings for "Right-click", is it enabled? If I disable that, sure enough, long pressing no longer works to select things in MobileSheets.
Thanks Mike, the settings for Windows 10 solved it. Unfortunately I was seeing the setting showing Press and hold>Right click, but it was not obvious to me that this was not active. I had to enable it in another window (there must be a reason for this I assume). I have had the SP4 for a year and never had to go to this setting for anything, so I am wondering if all the other programs I have use a different event code for how they work with touch, just curious (you don't need to answer.)
Smile
(12-31-2016, 05:11 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Bumblebee - If I go to the Genres tab and I long press a genre, it is selected and the action bar changes what options are shown. The fourth option shown is "Delete" which deletes the genre, just like on Android.  Are you seeing different behavior? If you use a mouse, you have to right click to select as long pressing doesn't work with a mouse in Windows 10.

Itsme - If you selected the "Remove" option in the action bar, it removes it from the collection. If you tap the overflow and select "Delete Song From Library" it shows the confirmation dialog with the "Delete Song Pdf/Image/Text Files" option.  I wouldn't want to couple deleting a song with just removing it from the group (there was a long discussion about this and people said they didn't want to be able to easily delete from the other tabs).

NeoCZ - I can look into adding a handler for the delete key at some point.

Mike

Sorry, I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de