• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lists (such as Genre) seem counterintuitive and limited?
(01-05-2017, 11:23 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Isn't that what the editor is that I mentioned? If you go to the genres tab, tap a genre to view it then tap edit, there is a whole editor just for adding/removing/renaming/reordering.

If you meant that you would have expected to have a way to access an editor like I described for any group type listed in the song editor, or envisioned a different workflow, I'm always curious to hear ideas for potential changes.  The main purpose of listing the fields in the song editor was so that users could quickly add or remove a song from a given group.  The intention was not to provide an indirect pathway to editing the groups themselves (which is what the group editor is for).

Yes it's what you mentioned, its more the workflow (but just due to what I'm accustomed to). I see "lookup table configuration/dropdown list editor/group configuration" (or whatever it would make sense being called) as it's own function (probably under Settings), not something only tied to 1) showing a group as a tab in settings if its not shown, 2) selecting that tab, then 3) selecting edit (although being able to edit from there makes sense too). 

I think for me it's that I probably wouldn't make something like "Key" a tab to display even though I enter it for most songs. Currently if I want to edit the list, I need to enable it as a tab to display first.

BTW just purchased the android version (was holding out for Windows version since I was supposed to get a surface, but company ended up getting me a different laptop :-( ). The quality and speed of being answered is worth the price regardless if I use it for 10 or a thousand songs! :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lists (such as Genre) seem counterintuitive and limited? - by frachel - 01-05-2017, 12:17 PM