Poll: What is your Page Turning Method?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
One Page Horizontal
44.44%
8 44.44%
Two Pages (Landscape)
11.11%
2 11.11%
Half Pages (Landscape)
0%
0 0%
Vertical Scrolling
27.78%
5 27.78%
Automatic Scrolling
5.56%
1 5.56%
Other?
11.11%
2 11.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Turning Method
Hi to all!
I am interested in what way other users turn their pages in which condition, for what reason, and hopefully discuss about it...
Personally I ended up using Manual Vertical Scrolling (using pedals) so I can always see the top of the next page coming while I read the previous one, but that might be because I have a ''long portrait'' widescreen (16:9)
I found it practical to crop my original PDF (by repeating the pages) in order to separate sections and mouvements for a better logical page scrolling.
I can also use that extra bottom page space for tools settings, virtual keyboard and stuff when I do editing!
Please tell me what you think of it and share your own experience about different methods!
Thanks for your responses and vote,
Dominic
(01-07-2017, 03:00 PM)domgi Wrote: Hi to all!

I am interested in what way other users turn their pages in which condition, for what reason, and hopefully discuss about it...
Personally I ended up using Vertical Scrolling so I can always see the top of the next page while I read, but that might be because I have a ''long portrait'' screen!
I found it practical to crop my original PDF in order to separate sections and mouvements for a better logical page scrolling.
I can also use that extra bottom page space for tools and stuff when I do editing!

Please tell me what you think of it and share your own experience about different methods!

Dominic
Can't think what one page horizontal means.  I have my system to turn a half page at a time in portrait mode.  I have voted "other"

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
I'm keyboardist, so non-moving player and I have my SP4 really close to me. I use Two Pages in Landscape mode and it's perfect for my needs. When I was testing my second 8'' tablet, I used it in portrait mode and single page view.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Can't think what one page horizontal means.
John

Swipe finger/page left or right.
In old times taking the page corner and turning page left or right!

[Image: horizontal-swipe-2-xxl.png]
Vertical autoscroll to end continously. Start scroll with 2 finger tap, zero wait time to start. Sometimes use a foot pedal and set scroll speed a bit fast and stop as needed. When the scroll speed is mostly right I don't have to think about when to turn the page and it's really good for practice/learning.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(01-08-2017, 05:16 PM)namder Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 03:00 PM)domgi Wrote: Hi to all!

Personally I ended up using Vertical Scrolling so I can always see the top of the next page while I read, but that might be because I have a ''long portrait'' screen!
I found it practical to crop my original PDF in order to separate sections and mouvements for a better logical page scrolling.
I can also use that extra bottom page space for tools and stuff when I do editing!

Dominic
Can't think what one page horizontal means.  I have my system to turn a half page at a time in portrait mode.  I have voted "other"

John
Hi John,
Sorry I must have describe that Horizontal/Vertical refers to the movement or direction of the pages...
So "One Page Horizontal" would be the traditional one page turning method.
So the answer for your method, if I may, should be: Half pages Horizontally (or Portrait), but I miswrite for Landscape, I will try to correct it!
Thanks for your vote,
Dominic
(01-09-2017, 01:03 AM)Skip Wrote: Vertical autoscroll to end continously. Start scroll with 2 finger tap, zero wait time to start. Sometimes use a foot pedal and set scroll speed a bit fast and stop as needed. When the scroll speed is mostly right I don't have to think about when to turn the page and it's really good for practice/learning.

Great!
I also tried that method but personnaly I found it took too much time to prepare when I play classical music (4 different tempo movements/piece, about 4 pieces/concert and that's without talking about tempo inflections etc)
So would you say that for your method a volume/wah pedal to control scroling speed would be useful?
I know MS don't allow for full MIDI implementation yet but it might come sooner if we ask for it...
I saw nice pedalboards with 4 buttons on top of a double-action pedal on USB wiring for about 150$ (Line 6)!

Thanks for your answer,
Dominic
(01-08-2017, 05:49 PM)NeoCZ Wrote: I'm keyboardist, so non-moving player and I have my SP4 really close to me. I use Two Pages in Landscape mode and it's perfect for my needs. When I was testing my second 8'' tablet, I used it in portrait mode and single page view.

Hi NeoCZ,
Do you mean to use half or full two pages in Landscape mode?
Even with a 12,3" SP4 screen it must be small to read full pages side by side, but interesting...
Would you consider having the right page as the second half of the left one but in full size?
For your 8" tablet in Portrait mode would you consider scrolling verticaly (manual or auto), then you could always see the top of the next page coming (Page Alignement setting: Top) instead of blind turning horizontally?
Of course that trick only works if you have a widescreen ratio of 16:9 like on your SP4, not the classic 4:3 (IPads).

Thanks for your response and vote,
Dominic
I use two full pages in Landscape. As I've said, I have SP4 really close to me, it's on a home made arm that has tablet holder attached so SP4 is right above my Forte 7 just few cm away from back the keybed (black/white keys) itself. And SP4 has 3:2 ratio.

And on my Thinkpad 8, I use single page view with turning whole page at once, I like the classic old way :-) . But I really use it only as backup and I've never needed to use it on any important gig, just few times I've tried if it works as expected and used in only on one full show to give it a proper try.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Portrait mode, ChordPro and PDF documents. Page view scrolls 50% of the page.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).