• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-ordering a setlist
I've reported this in bugzilla as best I could.

Dragging songs up and down the set list to re-order them is unsatisfactory in both the App and the Companion. It would be much easier and less prone to finger trouble or slips of the mouse, if a song could be selected and then stepped up or down the list by tapping/clicking an up/down button.
OR, it would be much clearer if a line between songs was highlighted as the dragged song was dragged up and down.

The problem is, that it is not clear whether the dragged song will end up above or below the highlighted list song. Quite often, the song which is highlighted is replaced by the dragged song as well as the dragged song ending up above and below the highlighted song. One can end up with 3 copies of the dragged song with the original list song having been deleted from the list!

Re New songs: adding a new song without dragging results in the song going to the end of the setlist. It can then be dragged up or down one step at a time fairly reliably. Attempting to drag a new song straight to its wanted position in the setlist often leads to tears, in that you get duplicates and/or unwanted replacement of an existing song!
Your bug report lists that you are running the latest versions of both the tablet app and companion, but I don't see the behavior you are describing at all. I unfortunately do not have a 2.2.X device to test on, but I'm worried that it may be an issue with using a version of the operating system that is that old. I'll have to see if I can replicate what you are describing on an emulator.

I definitely don't have problems with the companion app though. The target location is darkened, and when you drop, the song is placed above the target location. Once again though, I'm running Windows 7. This may be an issue that occurs on Windows XP.

Are any other users experiencing what Fausto is describing? It would be very helpful to have as much information as possible.
(06-05-2013, 03:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: ...Once again though, I'm running Windows 7. This may be an issue that occurs on Windows XP.
I have access to a W7 machine. I'll see if I still have the problem with the Companion on that in the next few days and report back.
(06-05-2013, 03:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I definitely don't have problems with the companion app though. The target location is darkened, and when you drop, the song is placed above the target location. Once again though, I'm running Windows 7. This may be an issue that occurs on Windows XP.

Have now tried the Companion on Windows 7. I don't get the erratic behaviour when adding songs to or re-ordering songs in a setlist that I do on my XP machine. However I'm not getting a W7 machine anytime soon so I would very much like you to fix this please.

Still a problem with W7 is not being able to resize the setlist window combined with no auto scrolling of the setlist as you drag a song towards the top or bottom of the visible part of the setlist. Again a step up/down feature would fix this.

Does no-one else ever change the order of setlists on an XP pc?
When time allows, I'll work on providing a way to increase the size of the setlist window, and an easy way to move songs up/down (either separate buttons or keyboard commands). I can't promise that I can fix the drag & drop behavior for XP anytime soon though.
(06-06-2013, 02:28 PM)Zuberman Wrote: When time allows, I'll work on providing a way to increase the size of the setlist window, and an easy way to move songs up/down (either separate buttons or keyboard commands). I can't promise that I can fix the drag & drop behavior for XP anytime soon though.
Thanks.

I'd love to hear of any workarounds from other users. I can't be the only Android 2.3/XP user who adds songs or changes the order of setlists, can IHuh